• [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone play this yet? I hear it's rather abstract, wonder how it compares with eclipse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Meyer
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Anyone play this yet? I hear it's rather abstract, wonder how it compares with eclipse?

Nothing like Eclipse outside of the space theme and hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Allen
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing price for a great game.

Very different than eclipse, but I enjoyed it more than Eclipse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I played it twice a few months ago and enjoyed it. However, I will say that combat is kind of wonky and might be difficult for some people to get their heads around (especially when you start factoring jump gates in). Also, from what I recall, the rules leave a lot of situational questions unanswered. My only real beef with the game is that it ends just as it really starts going, but the rules mention that you can play an extra round for a slightly fuller experience (meaning someone on the dev/playtesting team also felt the same way). I'll definitely play it again if someone suggests it.

Anyways, I'm passing on this deal, but it's good for those interested in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantity remaining - 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

In Ryan Metzler's Top 10 for 2013 (of Dice Tower)

Also Joel's top strategy game for 2013. It kind of has limped out of the gate though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most problem you will have with this game is the calculation of "power" for attack and defense. It's like space chess, but much more complex. It's definitely got a different feel, but for that price, definitely worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
The most problem you will have with this game is the calculation of "power" for attack and defense. It's like space chess, but much more complex. It's definitely got a different feel, but for that price, definitely worth it.

Which is easier to teach/learn eclipse or hegemonic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
NeoGenesisX wrote:

Which is easier to teach/learn eclipse or hegemonic?

Eclipse. More theme to it. Hegemonics has less rules, but it's really clunky sometimes. The biggest problem I had teaching people was the whole moving units and how each structure interacted with each other in attacks and defense. Eclipse has much more rules and option, but I find a lot of them thematic enough that people can get the general gist of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.