Greece
Athens
Kallithea
flag msg tools
badge
ΓΙΑ ΤΑ ΚΑΣΚΟΛ ΠΟΥ ΕΧΟΥΝ ΠΑΛΙΩΣΕΙ...ΚΑΙ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΤΡΕΛΑ ΠΟΥ ΠΟΤΕ ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΤΕΛΕΙΩΣΕΙ
mbmbmbmbmb
As simple as that.

I am more interested in the worker placement element.
And it is a bonus which one plays better with two players.

Thanx for your responses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your choice comes down to complexity. Deadwood is basically Carson City light. If you are looking for a deeper, more complex game, pick Carson City. If you want an easier to learn game, pick Deadwood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, neither. To me, the "placement of the workers" phase in Carson City is much too short compared to the resolve workers/bookkeeping phase. The downtime spent adjusting the value of buildings when new ones are built and calculating/handing out income is just too large a proportion of total gameplay and sucked all of the fun out of it. There are also too many instances where too much rides on the outcome of a single duel in my opinion. If you want a worker placement game where there is conflict and workers can push other workers off action spaces, I would look at Lancaster instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.