Subject: My opinion on buying this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shay Walsh
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, where do I start? Firstly this is not a review of the game and its mechanics etc., but my opinion as to whether it is worth buying.
Well I've been wanting this game for a while now. As it plays solo and co-operative which are the main games I go for.

But the price and some reviews have put me off a bit. I decided just to go for it! I purchased my copy from an online game seller via eBay (as it was slightly cheaper with p&p) at just over £33.

So what did I get? Well a rather flimsy looking box to start with. A board map from cheap cardboard, which needs to be bent back on the joins to lay out straight. Some cheap and again flimsy cards. A rule book that repeats itself, but also omits some points that need clarification. Finally card counters that are a real challenge to remove from their mount. For the price no way worth it. Possibly knocking £10 off the price would be more in line.

OK so what do I actually think of the game itself. Well as for the poor start I can only say that this game is absolutely brilliant!

Challenging, atmospheric, frustrating (in a good way) and tones of replay value. I keep coming back for more, which usually means total failure of a mission. But the reason I keep dragging the game out must mean something on the design of the game.

Yes the production could be better. But I have also played games with far better production value that have been a total waste of time and will only be played once in a blue moon.

Anyway that's my opinion of what I feel is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game as well. Can't wait to play. The components are below average for sure, but for a small game company that is sometimes what you get, they don't make big print uns so they need to make as much of the little profit they will make from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's underrated that's for sure. Glad someone else is enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is in my top 5, as I'm always willing to play (solo, 2 or 3 players). I enjoy the various scenarios and the fact they can be difficult to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Glad you guys like it.
When they fix the rules I'll be allover it. I was posting a lot on this topic. But the lack of support and gaping holes that you need to house rule ruins the experience for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Glad you guys like it.
When they fix the rules I'll be allover it. I was posting a lot on this topic. But the lack of support and gaping holes that you need to house rule ruins the experience for me.

I didn't think the rules were that bad. There are a couple issues but I have seen much worse.

What are your main issues?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.