Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the print and play rules (v15), I printed it off but had a few rules questions:

1) The print and play files give two pawns for each player, and the component list shows a set of two pawns for each player. But the setup says to give a pawn to each player. Also, all of the rest of the instructions seem to refer to each player having just one pawn ("place your pawn in a building," "your pawn will always be in a building").
Is there just an extra pawn for each player, or is it meant to serve a game purpose?

2) The Clockwork Trader's special ability reads: "When buying a building, if you sell any goods in the #2 market slot, gain $1."
Which slot is this referring to? The second from the right, from the left, or the $2 slot?

3) Setup says that the starter buildings are double sided. Which starter buildings is this referring to? Is this talking about the Player Boards? Are these meant to be double sided, as I printed them single sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
Is there just an extra pawn for each player, or is it meant to serve a game purpose?

I too am wondering about this. Maybe it's to leave in front of you so it's clear which player is which color? Since the other token is traveling around the harbour?

Quote:
3) Setup says that the starter buildings are double sided. Which starter buildings is this referring to? Is this talking about the Player Boards?

That couldn't be as there are 7 player boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
jayelbird wrote:

I too am wondering about this. Maybe it's to leave in front of you so it's clear which player is which color? Since the other token is traveling around the harbour?

With the current setup, the goods tokens are colored also, so I would expect that would be good enough to act as a reminder of what your color is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yeah. so i have no idea then. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
For the print and play rules (v15), I printed it off but had a few rules questions:

1) The print and play files give two pawns for each player, and the component list shows a set of two pawns for each player. But the setup says to give a pawn to each player. Also, all of the rest of the instructions seem to refer to each player having just one pawn ("place your pawn in a building," "your pawn will always be in a building").

2) The Clockwork Trader's special ability reads: "When buying a building, if you sell any goods in the #2 market slot, gain $1."
Which slot is this referring to? The second from the right, from the left, or the $2 slot?

3) Setup says that the starter buildings are double sided. Which starter buildings is this referring to? Is this talking about the Player Boards? Are these meant to be double sided, as I printed them single sided.

1) There is just an extra pawn for each player. If you use cubes to keep track of the goods (Gray for Stone, Brown for Wood, Red for Livestock and Yellow for Fish) instead of the standees, then this will give you an indicator of player color. However, if you use the standees, then the player color is marked on there... so the extra pawn is just extra.

2) It's the $2 slot that gives you a bonus. (The #2 also refered to the number of crates needed to ship that slot. Sorry for the confusion there.

3) In the final version, there will be standard characters on the back, with no asymmetrical powers. Each will be the same: "Collect any two different goods", or "Buy a Building". These weren't included in the PnP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
1) There is just an extra pawn for each player. If you use cubes to keep track of the goods (Gray for Stone, Brown for Wood, Red for Livestock and Yellow for Fish) instead of the standees, then this will give you an indicator of player color. However, if you use the standees, then the player color is marked on there... so the extra pawn is just extra.

Thanks for the answer!

I'm using two meeples right now for the two pawns, but if the only purpose is for player color interaction, a summary card with the player colors on them may work better for the final version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.