Subject: 2 Experienced Player Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Pole
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[1] What breaks a tie? I/we need to have something.

[2] Can you count, examine, scan, etc. the card stack? Are you allowed to know what type of cards are remaining and their order? Can you look the discarded cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
[1]There is no tie breaker. The rules state that if you have 1 or more credit at the end of the game, you are a winner. The more points, the more of a winner you are. If you tie then you are both the most winningest.

[2]We play that you can look at the card stack to see how many of each level are coming. Also you can look at the discard pile (for that round) although I'm not sure why you would want to. We allow this information to be open so that it is an even playing field for people who are good card counters and those who are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
1) According to the rules, if you end the game with money, you win. You can thank Vlaada's sense of humor for that.
Really, this is a light-hearted enough game that I'm happy to declare a tie when two of us have the same amount of money. You can always make up a tie breaker, like maybe most tiles left on your ship in the last flight, who was the convoy leader, who had the least exposed connections, etc.

2)Do you mean during a flight? If so, you certainly can't look at the faces of the coming cards. You could look at the number and roman numeral of the upcoming cards, but my group trys not to treat the game too heavily. We usually just say "oh, there are like 10 cards go go, I better save my last battery". Not "oh, there are 5 round 4 cards and 4 round 3 cards to go, I better save my last battery".

I suppose you could look in the discard pile, but I can't imagine why you'd want to other than making sure you didn't mess something up earlier in the flight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Look at the 3rd letter of each player's middle name.. whichever is closest to the end of the alphabet. The rules do not specify, so there is no official answer. Most plausible choice might be:
- Whoever finished ahead in the final race (which can't be tied)

2) Absolutely NOT allowed to look at the undealt card stacks. Otherwise why keep 3 stack viewable and 1 stack NOT viewable each race. The game is designed to leave some uncertainty and chaos.

As for viewing discards, that feels more like a house rule since it could be tracked information (enter THAT whole discussion) and groups should do what they want. Our group has never asked to look, so obviously, we prefer a little extra chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grizwold Sanderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Test
Your wording is confusing. Tie breaker for game end/ winning condition? Or tie breaker for cards? In the case of ties on card conditions the player who is ahead takes the penalty

We always play that you can request a count of the number of cards left in the voyage before making a decision on landing and powering of engines and such. Just a count of card backs. Thematically stands to reason that these truckers have a destination and should know how long it takes to get there. They are not lost in space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.