Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Stockdale
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I want to make sure I'm clear on this. There really isn't much need for the little tent resource markers right? You could just used cubes. Unless its supposed to make it easier for people to see what you have and how much you have from across the room? Just wondering what people's experience has been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its supposed to make it easier to see. I hope that, for the Kickstarter, TMG makes shaped resource markers like they did for Tiny Epic Kingdoms. This will make it easy to see at a glance what the other player has. This information is important, since there is a lot of trading and market control going on. At the most obvious, you want to be able to tank the market on a resource someone else has built up a large stock of before they can sell it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tharp
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just from one glance at the components, I would say you couldn't use cubes because there are 4 resources in each player's color, but obviously that's just from one glance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zackdale wrote:
So I want to make sure I'm clear on this. There really isn't much need for the little tent resource markers right? You could just used cubes. Unless its supposed to make it easier for people to see what you have and how much you have from across the room? Just wondering what people's experience has been.

I use cubes for my version (Gray for Stone, Brown for Wood, Red for Livestock and Yellow for Fish). The standees are there if you don't have cubes available. We thought it'd be cool to have everything you need in the PnP, so you don't even need additional components.

If you use cubes, then we also included an extra pawn for each player to indicate player color.

If you use the standees for cubes, you don't need this extra pawn.

Hope that helps! Let us know what you think, I'd love to hear your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zackdale wrote:

Correct, right now for the final product, we are considering wooden blocks that are 13x13x7 mm which would then have full color stickers to apply with the image of the resource.

We want to have the tactile bulky nature of cubes/blocks but then we want the artwork on the cards to match as closely to the physical product as possible. Thus we want to show the icons and this is what we came up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D curious m wrote:
zackdale wrote:

Correct, right now for the final product, we are considering wooden blocks that are 13x13x7 mm which would then have full color stickers to apply with the image of the resource.

We want to have the tactile bulky nature of cubes/blocks but then we want the artwork on the cards to match as closely to the physical product as possible. Thus we want to show the icons and this is what we came up with.

Just curiouss, will the final product have the cubes in the player colors or in the resource colors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
zackdale wrote:

Resource colors + a sticker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to cast custom pieces with Sculpey!

I'll sculpt the goods onto cubes, make molds with sculpey (baby powder as release agent) and use Sculpey for the clones, too. I'll then paint the blocks in the player colors and the goods in the respective ways.

My question here: will there be an option for a fully illustrated deluxe pnp kit in the end?
Will my effort be worth it?
I'll purchase a regular copy, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news yet concerning my previous question:

will there be an option for a fully illustrated deluxe pnp kit in the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:

The deluxe PNP was released for backers only on this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
magneheeli wrote:

The deluxe PNP was released for backers only on this post.

That's a link for TEK. I believe he's asking about Harbour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So true. Just double-checked: yes, we are indeed in a thread od the Habour game site

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. Sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Slight thread hijack...)

Seeing the discussion of the PoD copies that people have received reminded me that I haven't printed out a copy of the printable version yet. Is version 6 still the most current PNP version? Are there any plans for another PNP revision?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Classicsmiley wrote:
(Slight thread hijack...)

Seeing the discussion of the PoD copies that people have received reminded me that I haven't printed out a copy of the printable version yet. Is version 6 still the most current PNP version? Are there any plans for another PNP revision?

PnP R6 is the latest version. We may incorporate some POD feedback into a v7, but we don't have a timeline for releasing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:

scottbalmes wrote:
PnP R6 is the latest version. We may incorporate some POD feedback into a v7, but we don't have a timeline for releasing it.

I'll echo Manuel's question. I'd be very happy to support TMG to the tune of a few dollars if it meant getting a full PNP of the final artwork, since shipping to Europe & shelf space concerns mean I'm unlikely to back for a full physical boxed copy of the game. Would it possible to add another backer level to the Kickstarter campaign? Would anyone else find this appealing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, this won't happen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
Sadly, this won't happen

Since my question only received one thumb, it looks like TMG are justified in not making it happen: we can hardly begrudge them not releasing a new pnp if there are't people asking for it. Looks like I'll just have to wait till a buddy's copy arrives & be content with only occasional plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
leeds55 wrote:
magneheeli wrote:
Sadly, this won't happen

Since my question only received one thumb, it looks like TMG are justified in not making it happen: we can hardly begrudge them not releasing a new pnp if there are't people asking for it. Looks like I'll just have to wait till a buddy's copy arrives & be content with only occasional plays.

I think they could make a bit more on the Kickstarter by having a full-colour PnP pledge level, but I guess the people who'd want to print & play it have probably already done so with the b&w version.

If shipping cost and shelf space are an issue, you could always just wait for the game to come out in UK stores, purchase a copy, then ditch the box... it would then theoretically take up just as much room as the PnP version would...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.