Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My sixth conversion and the last from Vengeance cards. The pooling of all the nemesis of the Vengeance set into a single with the addition of the custom one made for the Baron Blade Solo Conversion. The game start with the recruitment of Baron Blade acolyte and flip into a full fledged army that only the mightiest hero can stop.

For more alternate and custom villains go to Yoshi's Scum and Villany Thread.

V5: The Vengeful Five
Setup
At the start of the game, Put all the Nemesis, cards from the Vengeful Five’s deck into a single villain deck, add the Vengeful cards from the Baron Blade solo conversion.
During the game, Replace All Reference to a Villain name in villain cards by V5.
Gameplay
At the start of the turn, reveal the top card from the deck until a Vengeful card is revealed and put it into play. Shuffle the remaining card in the villain deck.
At the end of the villain turn, if 4 Vengeful cards are in the trash or in play, flip V5 villain character cards.
Advanced
Reduce damage dealt to nemesis by 1.

V5: The Nemesis Army (HP: 100)
Gameplay
At the start of the villain turn, if a Baron Blade card is on top of the Villain deck, V5 deals the Hero target with the highest HP X energy damage, Where X = the number of nemesis in play.
At the start of the villain turn, if a Friction card is on top of the Villain deck, the villain play two cards instead of one this turn.
At the start of the villain turn, if a Ermine card is on top of the Villain deck, destroy a hero ongoing or equipment card.
If a Fright Train card is on the top of the villain deck, Increase damage dealt by nemesis by 1.
If a Proletariat card is on the top of the villain deck, Reduce damage dealt to nemesis by 1.
Advanced
At the end of the villain turn, play the top card of the villain deck.

Added Cards
1 x Proletariat (HP: 16, Nemesis: Absolute Zero, Vengeful)
Whenever a villain target would be dealt damage, redirect that damage to this card.
At the end of the villain turn, this card regains (H) HP.
If Absolute Zero is active in this game, reduce damage dealt to this card by 1.

1 x Friction (HP: 12, Nemesis: Tachyon, Vengeful)
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals each hero target 2 melee damage.
Then, if Tachyon is active in this game, each hero dealt damage this way must discard a card.

1 x Ermine (HP: 12, Nemesis: Wraith, Vengeful)
At the end of the villain turn, destroy 2 hero ongoing and/or equipment cards.
Then, if Wraith is active in this game, each hero who destroyed a card this way deals themselves (H) psychic damage.

1 x Fright Train (HP: 16, Nemesis: Bunker, Vengeful)
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals the hero target with the highest HP (H) melee damage.
If Bunker is active in this game, increase damage dealt by villain targets by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is a clever idea. I line it. Can't wait to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gillen
msg tools
Yes, very cool. Do you know how many cards would be in that deck total by chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sefirit wrote:
Yes, very cool. Do you know how many cards would be in that deck total by chance?

That will be exactly 25, or the size of villain deck. That is why I got the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
The V5 should have a keyword to find them, like Vengeful Five instead of Nemesis, that way the search would be easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea indeed, but I'm a little confused about the Nemesis Army side--could you expand upon what the wording "on top of the Villain deck" means? Is it intended to reference the Villain at the front of the line (for those that are already in play)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gillen
msg tools
I believe the top of the deck is a reference to the face down card on top of the deck. Since the whole deck is made up of cards from different V5 decks each card will say on the back of it "Baron Blade" or "Ermine" or "Friction" etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sefirit wrote:
I believe the top of the deck is a reference to the face down card on top of the deck. Since the whole deck is made up of cards from different V5 decks each card will say on the back of it "Baron Blade" or "Ermine" or "Friction" etc.

Okay, that makes a LOT more sense. I wasn't visualizing things properly in regard to the facedown Villain deck; I thought the instructions were referring to that turn's revealed Villain card.

In this regard, it's a pretty clever mechanic. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clifton Williams
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused. What cards do you use to make up the 25 villain deck total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the nemesis card from the vengeance expansion + the special card in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clifton Williams
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_yoshi wrote:
All the nemesis card from the vengeance expansion + the special card in this thread.

But that will be over 100 cards, as the five vengeance deck consist of 20 cards each. How do people whittle that down to the 25 card villain deck? Or do you leave it at over 100 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only 5 nemesis per villain deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said in your other thread, TARGETS ONLY, the characters with HP and the nemesis icons on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.