Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim "Dad vs Daughter" Bresnan
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Which game would you rather play solo?
Which game do you prefer to play solo?
Fortune & Glory
Mage Knight Board Game
      42 answers
Poll created by Brezman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim "Dad vs Daughter" Bresnan
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Fortune & Glory because I prefer the Indiana Jones theme over the Mage Knight theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The choice for me is simple as I only have Mage Knight. Fortune and Glory does look interesting though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fortney
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortune & Glory is one of my favorites, hands down. Mage Knight is good, but there's not a lot of variety playing solo. With the FANG expansions, you have 3 completely different Vile Organizations and a ton of fortune hunters to play with. After a couple of dozen plays, it's yet to lose its luster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose Mage Knight for two reasons.

1. It's actually a really good game solo (I won't play it with more than 2 either).

2. I was not a fan of Fortune & Glory. The beginning is so dependent on luck that it's possible to lose your first encounters over and over again. The theme is great. I just couldn't tolerate the long set up time and slow starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johanson
United States
Bridgeport
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, with three daughters in the house, it would come down to time. Fortune & Glory is 90 minutes, Mage Knight is 150. That extra hour would make it harder for me to play.

YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.