Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Bost
United States
Kintnersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, my group finally got to open the "30+ armies" compartment of the game and it was missing a packet of cards explaining the compartment! I spoke to Hasbro this morning and there's pretty much nothing they can do for me. The woman I spoke to on the phone said to return the game and she would send me a fresh one. I explained that we're 12 games in, that we could never get it back the way we have it now, and that it really wasn't an option we would happily consider. I tried speaking to someone via Hasbro's live chat and this woman told me that they didn't actually have any copies at the warehouse anymore and that they could give me a game of similar value, instead. I again explained how this ruined the entire experience and really defeated the purpose of a game like this. This woman had no further assistance to offer.

I'm really desperate for a solution here. I was also really looking forward to buying a new copy of this game and playing again when we'd finished, but now I really can't trust that it would be complete, or that Hasbro would stand behind it if it wasn't.

My best solution is to finish the game as if that compartment and its contents never existed and then just forget about buying things from Hasbro ever again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow this link to the spoiler thread that contains the contents of this packet.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1017953/play-by-forum-resour...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That is a huge drawback of a game like this... you can't reasonably do a purchase-time inventory to make sure all the components are present. With most games you could find out on day one if the contents match the 'manifest'. With this game, it could be years later before you find out the game is incomplete (my group still hasn't opened the 30+ pocket, and we've had the game over 2 years).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bost
United States
Kintnersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. I certainly understand why the company doesn't have the parts anymore. I've owned this game for over a year and finally discovered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bost
United States
Kintnersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news! Wizards of the Coast now handle the replacements to this game and were able to replace the missing items with no trouble whatsoever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.