Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Variants

Subject: Captain R Hero card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carolina Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
Hi I have made Captain R into a Hero. Any feedback about something that can be made better balanced is greatly appreaciated.

Hope you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Neill
United States
Jacksonille
NC
flag msg tools
I like it! There's not much (if anything) I would change at all. His 'X Marks The Spot' card could cause a heated debate, but I think he's well balanced.

That said, I'd like to see some kind of backlash related ability. Maybe a secondary potion. Aura 5, Augment, Backlash. Not sure what I'd call it. "Angry Drunk" maybe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Neill
United States
Jacksonille
NC
flag msg tools
...or maybe even the "Angry Pirate" heh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe make "X Marks the Spot" require Captain R has not moved the turn it is activated. Thematically it suggests he is digging, and game-wise it ensures a better balance of giving up the characters complete turn for automatic loot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolina Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
Quote:
I like it! There's not much (if anything) I would change at all. His 'X Marks The Spot' card could cause a heated debate, but I think he's well balanced.

Yeah the x marks the spot will probably be debated if it should be used. My self am very sure if I would use it cause with 3 sucessful hits he would make 3 wounds and get a loot instead of just getting a loot without making any other use of himself but I dont think the ability can be 2 actions that would be to good.

Quote:
That said, I'd like to see some kind of backlash related ability. Maybe a secondary potion. Aura 5, Augment, Backlash. Not sure what I'd call it. "Angry Drunk" maybe

Yeah backlash is awesome for any character. He has alot already would a backlash ability make him to powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Neill
United States
Jacksonille
NC
flag msg tools
Sorry it took awhile to respond. I think a backlash ability would be good and it could be balanced out fairly easily. Give him the ability to hold 2 potions and make the ability cost two potions.

Keep in mind that they are releasing "Dark Heroes" with the Forgotten King kickstarter, so there will soon be an official hero card for the Captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.