Popular Tags: [View All]
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got Krosmaster Arena and am pretty stoked about Krosmaster Quest.

Here's some info about the game:

The general basics were discussed on BGG here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1058209/krosmaster-quest-inf...

A preview from last fall here:
http://www.laselectiondudimanche.com/preview-krosmaster-ques...
Note that this was an early beta, and the game designers have said they have already tried to address the issues mentioned in this preview. Also, it sounds like this game won't just be a typical "Dungeon Crawl" type game, but incorporates some MMORPG elements, like crafting, etc.

Another article on it here:
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/27982.html

And according to this update on the Krosmaster Arena Frigost Kickstarter page, the Kickstarter date has been moved up (so I'm guessing it's late March or sometime in April) and more details will be announced this week.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/krosmaster-ar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there were more info on this game. I am excited, but the initial impressions from the Essen previews seems rather meh.....

Hope they release some gameplay info or rulebook.

I will for sure be following the kickstarter when it starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Japanime Games, they are just waiting for the video to be completed for the kickstarter and then they'll be announcing the launch date.

The Essen preview was from a long time ago now, and apparently significant changes have been made. Also, often only basic rules are used at conventions so perhaps there is more to the game than what was shown. And of course, it's just one person's opinion. But I agree, I wish there was more information out there on the game. A rule book made available online would sure go a long way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another review (from late last year) here:

http://big-bad.forumactif.org/t603p75-krosmaster-quest

This one is quite positive, except perhaps game length. Although I have heard that this has been specifically addressed and the game is more streamlined now and will not take as long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! I hadn't seen that review.
I'm eagerly awaiting update on the kickstarter since its more than a week since they said they would provide more news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know what the "more than 40 settings" mentioned in the game description is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sound of NewSick wrote:
Do you know what the "more than 40 settings" mentioned in the game description is?

No. I'm hoping that means "scenarios". Although it sounds like the end goal is usually "Get 15 GG", but perhaps the locations and how the bosses (if there are bosses) and mobs are set up, etc., can be different, with 40 different set-ups.

Sound of NewSick wrote:

I'm eagerly awaiting update on the kickstarter since its more than a week since they said they would provide more news.

Me too. I asked yesterday, and Japanime Games told me they're waiting on the video for the Kickstarter page. So I guess there was a bit of a delay in putting that together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the official message boards (regarding the early reviews):
http://www.krosmaster.com/en/forum/1152-general-discussion/4...

Quote:
If I may add something: this review was made months ago, when the game was still in development. A lot of things have changed recently, and while the game remains the same at its core, it plays very differently (and much more quickly).

We will be at a great gaming convention in France this week-end (Festival International du Jeu de Cannes), where people will play a much more advanced prototype.

That was from Feb 26th - I haven't seen anyone posting on what the "more advanced prototype" is like, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new article with some more information on Krosmaster Quest:

http://www.fancueva.com/ludico/krosmaster-quest-se-lanzara-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for digging up all these articles Felkor. Greatly appreciated!

I see you are Canadian, do you speak french? If so, you could ask in the french forum to see if anyone has played the more advanced prototype....

I am at the mercy of google translate when reading french.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sound of NewSick wrote:

I see you are Canadian, do you speak french? If so, you could ask in the french forum to see if anyone has played the more advanced prototype....

I know a few words I learned in grade school as a kid, but that's about it. I've been thinking of using google translate to ask in the French forum. I asked in the English forum and didn't get much of a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Sound of NewSick wrote:

I know a few words I learned in grade school as a kid, but that's about it. I've been thinking of using google translate to ask in the French forum. I asked in the English forum and didn't get much of a response.

Yea, I stumbled across your post in the english forum. Well, I guess we just have to wait for a new update from JAG. It should be pretty soon, since its close to 2 weeks since they said there would be more news in a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw in the Krosmaster Frigost comments on Kickstarter that Krosmaster Quest will probably launch in about 4 - 8 weeks.

I kinda hoped it would launch earlier since the Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King kickstarter is already live and they seem like they would scratch the same itch. (AND i don't think i can afford both.....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. On my end, we just booked a tropical trip for the fall, and need to scrimp and save to make it work, so I'll now be watching from the sidelines on this kickstarter. Still hoping to pick it up not long after it comes out though, as long as it gets decent reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, the thing that worries me the most is the lack of gameplay info. The French version is due out by the end of april, so the game should be finished, and you would believe that they would release some info to get people excited. I sure hope it will be good tho. I think I'm going with Quest over Super Dungeon Explore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your efforts Felkor.

Can someone give an easy abstract about changes in Krosmaster Quest?

I dont speak french, unfortunately.

My wife was quite deceive to see that on KArena the only goal was killing without objectives ( I tell her that the game is called "Arena" ... but ehm .. you know about women... ). So we are very interested if changes on the game will be focused in KQuest on some objectives, even cooperative!!! This is awesome!

Please can you give us an abstract? or there are too few info atm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the abstract on the game, translated into English:

-----
Krosmaster Quest is playable in a few modes and compatible with all figurines from S01 and S02 KM:

- DUNGEON RUSH: 2-4 players. 1-3 players confront the "DEMON" (some what like a dungeon guardian) in a... Dungeon ^^. Either all players win TOGETHER, or the EMON" player wins. It is the "beginner" mode. Duration of around 1 hour.

- MASTER OF THE KROSMOZ: 2-5 players. Each player goes on an adventure in the open AND in the dungeon, on their own. It is a race to the goal, only 1 winner at the end of the game. It is the "competitive" mode. Duration of 2-3 hours.

- HEROES VS DEMON: 2-6 players, adventures in the open AND in the dungeon. 1-5 players against a "DEMON" player. Either the players win TOGETHER, or the "DEMON" player wins. It is the "cooperative" mode. Duration of 2-3 hours.

Recommended age is 10+.

In the MASTER OF THE KROSMOZ and HEROS VS DEMON modes, the players can complete quests, face challenges, combat mobs, farm, craft, buy/sell at shops, create dungeons, equip themselves, increase their powers, exchange items...a little like a MMO. It can even be played PVP in the MASTER OF THE KROSMOZ mode.
----
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds tasty!! We only need to read rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure this is going to Kickstarter? I've seen preorders for it on eBay and bgg has the release date as end of June?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
Are you sure this is going to Kickstarter? I've seen preorders for it on eBay and bgg has the release date as end of June?

French edition comes out in June. English edition (by Japanime Games) will go to kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Japanime games posted some new info on Krosmaster Quest on the Frigost Kickstarter page:

• Krosmaster Quest, Junior, and Season 2 have been delayed at least a month.
• JAG is working on the details for the Krosmaster Quest Kickstarter, but are waiting on samples for the video.
• JAG has been talking to Ankama about upgraded scenery for Quest.
• Right now there is no new resin terrain and token set for Krosmaster Quest, but Quest uses the same number of pieces as the base game so you can use the S1 set for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mb
The game is going to be release on may 30 in France.
It is compatible with the previous games as the editor said.

You have several quest modes depending with the number of players around the table. The duration of the game seems to be hard to bear ...

You have money to spend at the begining of the party to buy some gear upgrades or to train your character and gain some special abilities.
The character sheets are large enough to place your cards and tokens which is very useful.
You will have to pay to get a bigger bag and handle more things on your character.

When a monster dies, you check his card and launch 2 dices to get your loot. It can be gear, money or things you need to craft a better gear.

You upgrade your gear and do your crafts to a special point on the board which is including dungeon places too.

New abilities and simple rules but also a compatibility with the previous games. Only 7 minis inside. We don't know yet about the "quests" purposed to the character team : an hostage to deliver, to kill a boss, to buld something etc ?
Let's see what happens next week !

60€ is the price communicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarle Nordstokkå
Norway
Kleppe
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, If you could keep us posted about the french release that would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Twitter, they just mentioned a September release for Quest. I guess that Kickstarter is gonna get going soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard anything about Krosmaster Quest? I'm new to the games but I'm really enjoying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.