Subject: Restoring Face, Sacrifices Rezzed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. Probably a bit early to build this deck, but wanna try it. If I use Restoring Face, do the Sysops, Execs, or Clones need to be rezzed when I kill fire them? I assume not, but then I would need to show that they are of the type, a la subliminal messaging?

Much Thanks,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Nope. You don't even have to reveal them.

Lukas ruled on this about two weeks ago, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joshua. Must have missed that ruling. Seems odd given the Subliminal ruling. Suppose most of the time you would use the eligible card before letting them go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules:

page 12 wrote:
Rezzed and Unrezzed Cards
The Corporation’s installed cards have two play states: rezzed, which means that the card is faceup and active, and unrezzed, which means that the card is facedown and inactive. The Corporation can look at his unrezzed cards at any time. To rez an installed card, the Corporation pays its rez cost and turns the card faceup.

page 5 wrote:
Inactive: An inactive card’s abilities do not affect the game and cannot be triggered.

I know that a keyword is not a card's ability. However, I think this ruling is illogical.

I think you may install two copies of a unique card if only one card is active, or I am wrong ? This should prove that keywords are inactive when the card is unrezzed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Unique is not a keyword. Cards must keep their keywords while unrezzed, otherwise it would be impossible to interact with unrezzed ice at all (Oversight AI, Tinker, Femme, etc. etc.), because they wouldn't be ice while unrezzed.

If they keep their type keyword, it would be strange for them not to keep everything else, as the rules don't distinguish between different "types" of keyword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, ok. Thanks.

I don't think it's in the rules that cards must keep their keywords while unrezzed, alas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Pyjam wrote:
Ah, ok. Thanks.

I don't think it's in the rules that cards must keep their keywords while unrezzed, alas.

No, I don't think it is. Actually, I went back and did a complete search of the rules, and I'm wrong on a couple of points.

Firstly, there are no such things as keywords. Cards in A:NR have types, and subtypes. This means my previous post was wrong on this count also, the rule book distinguishes between types and subtypes. Cards have only a single type (and the possible types are: Agenda, Asset, Event, Hardware, Ice, Identity, Operation, Program, Resource, Upgrade), and then may have one or more subtype.

There's no indication in the rules that cards keep their subtypes while inactive (apart from the rules for regions, I guess), but we know from Lucas now that they do. We also know that unique is not a subtype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose type and subtypes are inalienable properties. It explains why some cards may target other cards in the grip, stack, or heap, despite they aren't active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, not enough sleep (building more decks), and no coffee yet, is that a yes or no on the rezzed to use restoring face? Making an Illicit ice/profiteering/restoring face deck.

Bonus question: There are no clones yet? True or False.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Sorry guys, not enough sleep (building more decks), and no coffee yet, is that a yes or no on the rezzed to use restoring face? Making an Illicit ice/profiteering/restoring face deck.

Bonus question: There are no clones yet? True or False.

Lukas confirmed unrezzed is legal. You may reveal the card but are not required to.

Don't know about clones, I guess Caprice Nisei when released?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'm pretty sure no clones are released yet. However, Caprice is a clone, and I can't remember if Tenma Line has the clone subtype or not. I don't know how many clone characters there are or will be created. It's tempting, though, to sacrifice Ken to enact Restoring Face (will not happen, though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Lukas confirmed unrezzed is legal. You may reveal the card but are not required to.

Where does it say you are allowed to reveal it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
etherial wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Where does it say you are allowed to reveal it?

In the ruling he gave, he said something to the effect of 'a nice Corp player may reveal the Sysop/Executive he sacrificed'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"a nice Corp"?! The newest oxymoron.

"We're terribly sorry, but we need to detonate the building you're at. Yeah. Right now. We're sorry".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OTOH in my opinion sacked Executive/Sysop should be revealed. It better fits thematically in my opinion. NBN should have a news report about it. Otherwise how people will know and corp will remove its bad publicity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.