Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Wickline
United States
Zanesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Recently picked up the game and am just looking for clarification on this one point. Several times in the rules (at 9.2 and in the Standard Scoring Round Example) it states "For each Asteroid Tile a player controls by having a Robot there, that player gains 2 Credits." However on the back cover of the rulebook where it shows the nice illustrated summaries, under Scoring Round, it shows that for a robot on an asteroid you receive 3 credits. Also, 3 Credits per controlled asteroid is mentioned by Joel Eddy on his Drive-Thru Review as well.

I am assuming that it is actually only 2 Credits you receive per asteroid, and not 3, since that is what is stated in the rules as well as the scoring example, but would like to have it clarified, if possible, by the designer or someone who is "in the know".

I sent an email to Victory Point Games regarding this and if I get a response from them, I will post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Young
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the delay, great question. It was a last minute change, but Asteroid hexes should be 3 Credits. I'll get future copies of the rules changed to that as well. We felt that 2 wasn't enough incentive to tie up a robot to get that, especially since losing on a planet gives you 1 Credit anyway, just for being there. Hope that clarifies it for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wickline
United States
Zanesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response! Good to know that the summary on the back page is correct as I'm sure many will be referring to that thru-out our first game. I will make the change in my copy of the rules as well so there will be no confusion. Looking forward to getting a game of it in tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.