5 Posts

Witch of Salem» Forums » Rules

Subject: Defeating shadows rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil May
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, a situation arose recently which caused some heated discussion about a shadow being present at the university.
There is an event card that allows you to slay a creature of your choice that is present. Can that include a shadow?
My argument was no, as the is an ancient one which is not featured in the creature deck but my friends claimed that you could as it is still a creature of sorts. It does make the game a lot easier if that is the case.
Can anyone help clarify?

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You were correct. Shadows are not creatures. They are a "mirror" effect of the Great Old One you are trying to defeat.

Also, your reasoning is correct. There is a creature deck and a set of GOO cards that are not shuffled into the creature deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, but the Spanish edition clearly states that the dagger "is to defeat creatures and shadows."

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doom 18
Spain
Can Pastilla
Illes Balears
flag msg tools
¡¡¡A por el próximo!!!
badge
¡Ouch!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chango wrote:

Yes, but the Spanish edition clearly states that the dagger "is to defeat creatures and shadows."

:thumbsup:

You can use the dagger to kill a shadow at MU if Craven is there, but the event is a different thing altogether and says "Los investigadores derrotan ... una criatura ...", and creatures and shadows are different beings, and different decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb

Mmmm...

I think you are right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.