United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearing in mind that the EU is a 'single market' as far as customs etc is concerned, buying from any EU country is a feasible option - look at the European MT and Auctions for example. Even shipping costs are not prohibitive especially from e.g. Germany.

HOWEVER: if I want to find trade opportunities in the EU I have to Ctrl-click on 27 entries spread throughout the country list, plus a few more if I want to include e.g. Norway, Switzerland; more still because I'm not sure if the system 'knows' that England, Scotland and Wales are in the United Kingdom.

SUGGESTION:

Have a single-click entry for "European Union" (or broader Europe) in the "Country" column of the Custom Trade Search Screen (http://boardgamegeek.com/trade/custom).

Edit: Ah! I've just seen the many threads on the same topic. Still, no harm in making the point again as it is so obviously desired by many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This, however, is an utterly brilliant work-around:

1000rpm wrote:
This would be great.

Until it is created there is a work-a-round. You create a custom trade search as you would now. Add in whatever European countries you want to include in your search. For reference the biggest countries from the user survey viewpoint are:

UK, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Greece, Poland, Italy, Portugal, Denmark, France, Hungary. This isn't a full list, for example UK users could also be in as England, Scotland or Wales.

Here is an example (I think this is generic, not specific to my user ID):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/trade/custom?action=customsearc...

Then you save the resulting page as an entry in your Quickbar. You can then click on that link at any time for an instant check on items for trade in those countries matching an item on your 'for trade' list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
enoon wrote:
Edit: Ah! I've just seen the many threads on the same topic. Still, no harm in making the point again as it is so obviously desired by many.

Yep, for cross-reference:

Trade Manager - Custom Search - Europe (by Vickers)
Trading Custom Searches - Europe (by Jeff Greening)
Add continents in trade search (by masdero)
Country drop-down lists (by ousgg)
More options for custom search for trades (by alcazar)
User and/or trade sorting (by Oseali)
Sort countries by continent in trade finder (by kronik)
Trademanager custom search: Europe (by kronik)
"European Union" listed as country in costum trade manager (by Moeper)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.