Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I promised to post some threads to the PbF games I've been playing, for those that are curious. I'm posting them in pairs. The first is always the actual story thread/in character thread and the second one is for the "Table chatter" and questions etc. Here are a few of the PbF games I've played in:

The first one that I ever played in (Newbie Initiative 2012)

[IC] The Eye of Kilquato
[OOC] The Eye of Kilquato - Character Generation and Q&A

Other games that I really really enjoyed/enjoy playing

Monster or the week

Medraut on the shore
Monster of the Week - A Grey and Unpleasant Land OOC Thread

Mouse Guard

[On Patrol] Mouse Guard PbF: Spring 1152 - Sprucetuck Patrol
[OCC & Char Gen] Mouse Guard PbF: Spring 1152 - Sprucetuck Patrol

Do: Pilgrims of The Flying Temple

Lending a Helping Hand - Story
Lending a Helping Hand - General

Edit:

Adding a link to a list of all the different RPGs I've ever played, regardless of the medium (f2f, PbV or PbF):

Down the Rabbit Hole (Kattvippa's played RPGs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Way too many. I usually post them here RPG and I - a journey to the dark side. once they really take off. I think 10 about which 7 or 8 are reasonably active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much in the way of PBF:

I have participated in all six games of Shadows over Camelot and was the Game Referee for 3 of them.

I played in four games of The Resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite as elaborate as some of yours, but I did play a PbF game of Financier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the newbie initiative I joined 2 games.

Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple
New Tricks of the Pilgrims - General Thread (Newbie PbF 2014)
New Tricks of the Pilgrims - Story Thread (Newbie PbF 2014)

Toon
OOC thread #1: "As the Stomach Churns"
IC thread #1: "As the Stomach Churns"

Really looking forward to these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
apparantly you did not enjoy your first Do game whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
apparantly you did not enjoy your first Do game whistle

If you are talking to me I certainly did and a lot too! But I did not list it here as the game that I did list, has been going on for a lot longer period of time. And contains letter the players have written themselves. Also, my list doesn't have nearly all the PbF games I've played in laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well refer them to the masterlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Well refer them to the masterlist!

I'm sorry, I'm being a bit thick, but I don't get what you mean? What masterlist? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your lifetime list. I love those lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Your lifetime list. I love those lists.

Ah! That list!

But that list doesn't have all the sessions I've ever played. It has all the different RPGs I've ever played. But here's a link to that list:

Down the Rabbit Hole (Kattvippa's played RPGs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesnt? Oops, I do tend to keep my list as much up to date as possible. A small bit behind with every game I play. PBF's, voips, F2F, ...

Barad's lifetime list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
It doesnt? Oops, I do tend to keep my list as much up to date as possible. A small bit behind with every game I play. PBF's, voips, F2F, ...

Barad's lifetime list

I'm just using it to keep up with all the different RPGs I've played, not everything I've played. I'm logging all my plays (except for PbF games) and that is how I keep up with all the session I've played in. I don't play in too many PbF games these days, I simply don't have time for everything soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Always tried to keep them low as well, but somehow I'm in 5 games at the moment, not quit sure how I got there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fixed the links in my post. Copied the wrong numbers. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done PBF on BGG or RPGG before, but recently I joined a game and it's been fun! The BGG forum for BattleCON: Devastation of Indines has many flourishing matchups at the moment. BattleCON is an amazing game, I encourage you to check it out -- it's an incredibly well-done board gaming implementation of two-person fighting video games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc.

I hesitate to post my game's thread here because my opponent is killing me, but what the heck: matchup here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished my first experience playing a PBF somewhat recently, it was for Level 7 Omega Protocol, mission 3. Very very very tense game that went from Oct to late Feb! But it was awesome - I hadn't played as a commando yet, so it was a lot of fun to get to play one. Wasn't sure what I'd think of a PBF, but I really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indigo, Financier looks interesting in a quick filler kind of way. I might give it a try, if I was asked.

I keep a list of games I play by forum.

Games I've Played or Am Playing by Forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first and only so far attempt at PbF:

[OOC] My Little Pony - A Place of our own / Fate Accelerated
[IC] My Little Pony - A Place of our own / Fate Accelerated

This is for the newbie initiative in RPG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Adamus
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing Golden Sky Stories and I'm so interested in this game that I will start playing with my friends in real life and write a review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Indigo, Financier looks interesting in a quick filler kind of way. I might give it a try, if I was asked.

I keep a list of games I play by forum.

Games I've Played or Am Playing by Forum

The first time, I got a little burnt out because I was doing the Photoshopping for both of us, and I think for 3p it would be too much, but if you were willing/able to edit the board on your turn, I might be willing to be talked into another game in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spreadsheets are your friend.

Using google docs, everyone can edit it, there is a history of the document saved after every change anyone makes, and this game just BEGS to be played on a spreadsheet. Yes, it's a little bland to do it that way but it beats burning out on photoshop...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aniaga wrote:

How is it going? I really wanted to play in that for two reasons. I want to learn the system and I wanted to be in a MLP RPG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilvaShado wrote:
aniaga wrote:

How is it going? I really wanted to play in that for two reasons. I want to learn the system and I wanted to be in a MLP RPG!

We're slowly getting into it. Marion and I are total noobs when it comes to RPGaming, but we've got great teachers there The atmosphere is really nice! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My little pony? Of course it's nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.