Popular Tags: [View All]
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do more damage than a unit has health and you have Steals Health, do you gain health equal to the amount of health remaining in the other character, or do you gain the amount that you dealt?

For instance, say Oscar Kiss attacks a tofu (which only has 1 health) and inflicts 2 damage. Does Oscar gain 1 health or 2 health?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess 1, but that is just a guess. Can't gain health you didn't steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

This is how I've been playing, but the wording is that you get as many health as wounds that you inflict, and the rules state you're KO'd if you have aas many or more wounds inflicted as you have health, implying you can have more wounds inflicted than you have health.

So I feel like as written, you would get 2 in the situation I mention above, but I also feel that's quite possibly not the intention of the rule, for the same reason you state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frankovich
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

This is how I've been playing, but the wording is that you get as many health as wounds that you inflict, and the rules state you're KO'd if you have aas many or more wounds inflicted as you have health, implying you can have more wounds inflicted than you have health.

So I feel like as written, you would get 2 in the situation I mention above, but I also feel that's quite possibly not the intention of the rule, for the same reason you state.

You never gain more health than life the target had, so in the case you mentioned you'd gain 1 health for doing 2 damage to a Tofu. This health gain also cannot put you over your starting life total, so if you had been at 10 health with Oscar, you gain 0 health.

Source: online game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going by the online game you only steal health equal the damage you do, but can not exceed to the health they have left. And more so if you deal more damage than they have health left then you only do enough damage to put them at zero. Again going off the online game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.