Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Aitken
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been away at school for awhile, so I haven't had a chance to pick up any of the Spin Cycle DPs.

I know that Pawn (Opening Moves) got an errata and Paper Wall (Mala Tempora) had a printing error. Have these packs been reprinted yet to correct the errors, and, if so, how do I know which packs to buy? IIRC, packs have some sort of month code on the bottom. Is there particular ones I should avoid? I'm in no hurry to pick up the cards as I'm away from my playgroup, so I don't need to pick them up if they haven't been fixed. I could just grab Second Thoughts, True Colors and Fear and Loathing.

j
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dstinct wrote:
Paper Wall (Mala Tempora) had a printing error

For this one at least, the spelling error seems to have been caught and corrected quickly--somewhere there's a poll where very few people reported getting a misprinted card, even in the initial printing.

EDIT: Found the poll. I guess I should revise "very few" to "about 1 in 3". blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
Dstinct wrote:
Paper Wall (Mala Tempora) had a printing error

For this one at least, the spelling error seems to have been caught and corrected quickly--somewhere there's a poll where very few people reported getting a misprinted card, even in the initial printing.

Oooh, mine have it, I shall now hold on to them until they are worth more than a Black Lotus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Dstinct wrote:
I've been away at school for awhile, so I haven't had a chance to pick up any of the Spin Cycle DPs.

I know that Pawn (Opening Moves) got an errata and Paper Wall (Mala Tempora) had a printing error. Have these packs been reprinted yet to correct the errors, and, if so, how do I know which packs to buy? IIRC, packs have some sort of month code on the bottom. Is there particular ones I should avoid? I'm in no hurry to pick up the cards as I'm away from my playgroup, so I don't need to pick them up if they haven't been fixed. I could just grab Second Thoughts, True Colors and Fear and Loathing.

j
I know that Opening Moves reprinted Pawn quickly to clear up the ambiguous language on it. Apparently Paper Wall's misprint is less common, and the intent of the card is clear, so it wasn't explicitly reprinted. However, I believe the official word is that Pawn works as the new card is defined, so buying the first-print copy would do you no good. I would also be surprised if any of these cards increased in value, because the data packs are always being reprinted (once every 3 months or so).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
Hmm I have the misprinted Paper Wall, and I think the only problem was that there was an extra "s" on a word.

Pawn I didn't know about, what's the ambiguous language there?

It's been errata'd in the FAQ; now reads "if already hosted on a piece of ice".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Gerding
Poland
Łódź
łódzkie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Delaric wrote:
Hmm I have the misprinted Paper Wall, and I think the only problem was that there was an extra "s" on a word.

This was to fix the Shaharazad problem right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HeirToPendragon wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Delaric wrote:

This was to fix the Shaharazad problem right?

Based on the wording it seems as though you could make a run, and then trash Pawn and install another Caissa without actually hosting Pawn anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.