Subject: OP6 Build - Traitorous Federation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulic Belouve
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As I (and everyone else) have no chance to catch the leader for the Grand Prize, I have a goal for OP6 to just Alpha Strike the DS9 and blow it up. This may gain some advantage and destroy any crew they transport to DS9, but mostly it's to have fun.

The input I need is on the second/third ship, where I am looking at the U.S.S. Equinox. The OP6 resource of Federation Attack Squadron will be usable, and I could slot that in as well. (Resources from the current month are allowed, but not the prize ship for that month).

Partial Build:

U.S.S. Sutherland (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Mr. Spock (5)
Romulan Pilot (3)
Transwarp Drive (3)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Secondary Torpedo Launcher (4)
Subtotal (53)

U.S.S. Equinox (20)
Rudolph Ransom (2)
Subtotal (22), Running Total (75)

Federation Attack Squad (Resource) (20)
Admiral's Orders: Strike Force (5)
Subtotal (25)...Final Total (100)

I am assuming that (with the resource) I would be using exactly two ships, and can then use Strike Force for 5 pts. I think in the squad building, the Federation Attack Squadron does not count as a ship

I am also guessing that the Attack Squadron would count as a ship when I choose to use Strike Force. I think it will be a bit wonky how the FAS is and is not a ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
The fighter's are a ship AND a resource so you can't use Strike Force as you have 3 ships.

STAW:Attack Squadron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulic Belouve
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, then I have this edit (which gives free [BS] to Equinox, and helps the Sutherland evade a bit):

Build:

U.S.S. Sutherland (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Mr. Spock (5)
Romulan Pilot (3)
Transwarp Drive (3)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Subtotal (53)

U.S.S. Equinox (20)
Rudolph Ransom (2)
Flagship Federation (0) [counted in resources below]
Need 10 pts of suggested upgrades/crew

Resource: Flagship Federation (10)
Subtotal (15)...Final Total (90)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the Fighters are a ship, just not one that can be customized. I think it would be wonky if they didn't count as one honestly. They are for all intensive purposes the same as any other ship without the upgrade options. It would be the same as if you brought DS9 in a casual game, it still counts as a ship.

Seems like a solid build. Take the 5pts you were going to spend on Strikeforce and use it to pick up some Anti Matter Mines for the Equinox or something. They could be useful with dealing with cloaked ships or just annoying the large amount of people who really want to try out their new Jem'Hadar Battleships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
What's the reason for the Romulan Pilot? If you drop him you can run United Force and pick 10 more points in upgrades.

If your going to run the Equinox I think you need to give it someway to some more damage as right now if I kill your Sutherland there is not much it can do.

If you took your first build and dropped strike force and the Pilot you can pickup United Force and add

Equinox
Mines or Quantums
HIGH ENERGY SENSOR SWEEP 5
DIMITRI VALTANE 2
O'Brian [Core] 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Whaley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UlicBelouve wrote:
OK, then I have this edit (which gives free [BS] to Equinox, and helps the Sutherland evade a bit):

Build:

U.S.S. Sutherland (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Mr. Spock (5)
Romulan Pilot (3)
Transwarp Drive (3)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Subtotal (53)

U.S.S. Equinox (20)
Rudolph Ransom (2)
Flagship Federation (0) [counted in resources below]
Need 10 pts of suggested upgrades/crew

Resource: Flagship Federation (10)
Subtotal (15)...Final Total (90)

Take the pilot off the Sutherland.
Put Boheeka and Scotty on the Equinox.
A/M mines or torps as added weapon on her as well.

A Tactical officer if there are any points left for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulic Belouve
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Point of the Romulan Pilot was to get me WAAAYY out there and get a SCAN token onto the ship, so that hopefully Turn 1 I can lock and fire on DS9 with Scan token boosting Spock to get some enhanced hits.

I'm going to settle on 2 Transwarp Drives instead of O'Brien, and that will get two ships out to attack DS9 fast, with the ability to drop Antimatter Mines and have the non-Transwarp Fighter Squadron to protect the flank.

Again, I just want to have fun playing this one. The point of this Traitorous Federation build is to toast DS9 ASAP, and if my Sutherland gets toasted right after that, I'll still have a blast. This build seems fun.

Build:

U.S.S. Sutherland (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Mr. Spock (5)
Transwarp Drive (3)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Subtotal (53)

U.S.S. Equinox (20)
Rudolph Ransom (2)
Antimatter Mines (5)
High Energy Sensor Sweep (5)
Dimitri Valtane (2)
Transwarp Drive (3)
Subtotal (37), Running Total (90)

Federation Attack Squad (Resource) (20)
Admiral's Orders: United Force (0, and +10)
Subtotal (20)...Final Total (110)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UlicBelouve wrote:
Point of the Romulan Pilot was to get me WAAAYY out there and get a SCAN token onto the ship, so that hopefully Turn 1 I can lock and fire on DS9 with Scan token boosting Spock to get some enhanced hits.

You don't need to get way out there if you want to apply Q torps to the face of DS9 on turn one. A 6 move transwarp can get you into transport range alone, so there is no need for the Romulan Pilot...

Unless you want to apply Q Torps Directly to the face of your opponent.

6 transwarp + 2 green from the Romulan pilot puts you in Q torp range of your opponent. If you run the Excelsior, you'll have two scans up. If you run a flagship that grants a weapon slot say Ind-Rom, you can mount a secondary Torp Launcher. Since you already have Scan and BS actions, you use an action like Scotty to get +2 attack or Miles, and then evasive with your final action. So, rather than attacking DS9 for no points, you're attacking your opponents prime ship on turn one with a Q Torp shot followed by a Secondary Torp shot. You'll have two scan tokens next to your ship to reduce your opponents defense (and will apply on both shots). You'll have a Battlestations to apply on 1 shot, and Valtane to help make that shot hit harder. If your opponent does not have any attack cancelling cards, you can scotty to make that 1st shot hit harder, and if they do have attack cancellers you can use Miles to make it land. That seems way more fun than blowing up DS9.

Here's a start.
List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)

U.S.S Excelsior (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
Romulan Pilot (3)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Miles O'Brien (2)
Dmitri Valtane (3)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Transwarp Drive (3)
Ship SP: 58

Total Build SP: 68

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hesse honnolly
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If u wanna have fun, take the equinox, and load it with pretty much everything u put on the Sutherland instead, but give it the flagship. U can choose which one u like, but go with something that has an extra shield.. Every turn as an action u gain 3 new shields essentially! And with quantum torps u can dish out the Dmg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying out my own OP6 Fed build. Never played Feds before, usually Romulans.

Enterprise D
Khan
Attack Pattern Omega (Khan changes BS to crits, thus using the Attack Pattern to draw a WCB)

Excelsior
Rudolph Ransom

Sutherland
Picard
Sulu

99 pts.

I won the DS9, so this is for fun, and it give me s stress free way to play Feds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.