Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
So the game time is listed as 45 minutes instead of 60 minutes of the original game.

What changes made the game that much faster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Global Warming will cause the ice to flow more quickly down the river.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Goslar
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some reasons the game is likely to play faster:
- reduced variance of gold nuggets per marker resulting in a reduced amount of markers to reliable shop
- adjusted shop prices, no more wood needed, thus likely saving some turns (going to/finding a forest, lumberjacking, going to shop - which is even slower than normal because players do not have movement gear yet)
- later stages will get speed up by having skills to enhance deeds, resulting in less turns needed to accomplish something
- further trading got split from movement/action, a prospector can move/action/trade in a turn
- players are more likely to build common buildings, they will not run from the others before doing so
- extra gold income via the treasures (and cheaper X-markers)

Conclusively you will do more in less turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Joghurt wrote:
Some reasons the game is likely to play faster:
- reduced variance of gold nuggets per marker resulting in a reduced amount of markers to reliable shop
- adjusted shop prices, no more wood needed, thus likely saving some turns (going to/finding a forest, lumberjacking, going to shop - which is even slower than normal because players do not have movement gear yet)
- later stages will get speed up by having skills to enhance deeds, resulting in less turns needed to accomplish something
- further trading got split from movement/action, a prospector can move/action/trade in a turn
- players are more likely to build common buildings, they will not run from the others before doing so
- extra gold income via the treasures (and cheaper X-markers)

Conclusively you will do more in less turns.

Basically everything Johnny said here. The biggest change is that the game has mechanisms to reward you for building shared buildings (mines) so you aren't as afraid that the guy near you will wind up getting more out of your mine than you will. So there is less hesitation to build it, and it's easier to gain advantages (gear and skills) that speed the end game up.

Also, there is now a 2 player game supported which is a good bit quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Goslar
Germany
Kronberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.kronberger-spiele.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Sterling,
as Johnny wrote with the new rules it is easier to get things started, but of corse if there are some ap geeks or when you are playing with 5 or 6 it can last longer than the old one...
greetings
roland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.