Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Fleet: Arctic Bounty» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question About Canadian DFOs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Baron
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
If a game is played using processing vessel and Canadian DFO, can Canadian DFOs process crates of fish?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yup!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

My wife and I have just started playing the base Fleet (plus the 2P variant of Arctic Bounty) - but I must introduce those DFO licenses into our games as soon as possible. I love the idea of boarding my wife's vessels in order to 'confiscate' those illegal fish she harvests.

I'll show her for beating me by embarrassing double digit figures!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, this just reminded me of a question I had. In a 5/6 player game with DFO, does the boat still just get 3 crates on it? Can the player choose which players the fish come from?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mospinach wrote:
Oh, this just reminded me of a question I had. In a 5/6 player game with DFO, does the boat still just get 3 crates on it? Can the player choose which players the fish come from?


still 3. player choice.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question (probably):

Do DFO boats actually FISH (gain fish past the confiscated ones), or do they kind of sit there afterward?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
Stupid question (probably):

Do DFO boats actually FISH (gain fish past the confiscated ones), or do they kind of sit there afterward?


They do not. That have gathered their fish and are done.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
roufus wrote:
Stupid question (probably):

Do DFO boats actually FISH (gain fish past the confiscated ones), or do they kind of sit there afterward?


They do not. That have gathered their fish and are done.


Does that imply (for points or whatever), that they are 'full', and therefore are 'at capacity' at 3? (I'm thinking crab meeples and trophies off memory, but there could conceivably be others.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
riddlen wrote:
roufus wrote:
Stupid question (probably):

Do DFO boats actually FISH (gain fish past the confiscated ones), or do they kind of sit there afterward?


They do not. That have gathered their fish and are done.


Does that imply (for points or whatever), that they are 'full', and therefore are 'at capacity' at 3? (I'm thinking crab meeples and trophies off memory, but there could conceivably be others.)


Yes, but DFO is a premium license so crab meeples wouldn't apply
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
roufus wrote:
riddlen wrote:
roufus wrote:
Stupid question (probably):

Do DFO boats actually FISH (gain fish past the confiscated ones), or do they kind of sit there afterward?


They do not. That have gathered their fish and are done.


Does that imply (for points or whatever), that they are 'full', and therefore are 'at capacity' at 3? (I'm thinking crab meeples and trophies off memory, but there could conceivably be others.)


Yes, but DFO is a premium license so crab meeples wouldn't apply


Oh, I didn't realize DFO Was a premium license. That might preclude my setup question, but I'll post it anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friendly GamePlayer
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If DFO's don't fish, can they also be stolen from? This would seem to severely reduce their playability.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:
If DFO's don't fish, can they also be stolen from? This would seem to severely reduce their playability.

Crates on DFO are fair game for stealing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DFO's are an expensive investment, though, since they're premium licenses, and there'd only be 3 in the game, so while stealing from them is viable, it's not ruinous. And really, if two people both get 1 early, they'll probably beat up on each other while other players can go about their merry way.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.