Hide
11 Posts

Harbour» Forums » General

Subject: Coins and hats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg A
msg tools
So I've been reading through the rules for the Harbour pnp game and have a question about coins and hats. I did not read anything about how they are used, nor do they show up on any of the current building cards. Just wondering if they have a purpose in this version that was overlooked, or if they'll be added in the future.

Haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I must say it looks very promising and I am definitely intrigued. Looking forward to trying it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hadlock
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coins are a discount of $1 on future building purchases, and yes they stack.

Hats allow you to use opponents buildings w/o having to pay them a resource.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg A
msg tools
UncleDragon wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Awesome, thanks for the info! One more question, for the hats, would you need to out-hat your opponent to use their buildings for free? (ie if your opponent has a hat, do you need to have 2 or more?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MooingDragonfly wrote:
UncleDragon wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Awesome, thanks for the info! One more question, for the hats, would you need to out-hat your opponent to use their buildings for free? (ie if your opponent has a hat, do you need to have 2 or more?)

Nope, no need to "out hat". If you have a hat, then you can visit other players' buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One hat allows you to visit other players' buildings as many times as you want? So as soon as you buy a building with a hat, you no longer have to pay to use the other players' buildings ever? Hmm, thats powerful.
Are there any special bonuses for anchors and houses?
Was this in the rules somewhere and I missed it, or was it left out of the current version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
One hat allows you to visit other players' buildings as many times as you want? So as soon as you buy a building with a hat, you no longer have to pay to use the other players' buildings ever? Hmm, thats powerful.
Are there any special bonuses for anchors and houses?
Was this in the rules somewhere and I missed it, or was it left out of the current version?

Yes, the Hat is a good one to get. There are not many of them, and its power is factored into the VP value of the building.

There are abilities for each symbol. Sorry, we left out a chart in the latest rules, but we're getting it updated right away. I'm posting another thread so we can get it into the forums. You'll see it in a couple minutes. Basically:

Anchor: gives bonus goods for certain buildings, as described in the building's action.
Hat: you do not have to pay to use another player's building
Warehouse: when selling goods, you can keep 1 good per Warehouse symbol
Coin: Buildings cost $1 less per Coin symbol

These symbols do not take effect until you own the building, not as you are buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stockdale
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="scottbalmes"

There are abilities for each symbol. Sorry, we left out a chart in the latest rules, but we're getting it updated right away. I'm posting another thread so we can get it into the forums. You'll see it in a couple minutes. Basically:

Anchor: gives bonus goods for certain buildings, as described in the building's action.

These symbols do not take effect until you own the building, not as you are buying it.[/q]

Gawh! Wish I had seen this before playing. Just got done with a game and was sitting there trying to figure out what was the point of these other non-anchor symbols.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zackdale wrote:
[q="scottbalmes"

These symbols do not take effect until you own the building, not as you are buying it.

Gawh! Wish I had seen this before playing. Just got done with a game and was sitting there trying to figure out what was the point of these other non-anchor symbols. [/q]

Sorry about that! We're just about to release an update to the PnP that clears everything up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MooingDragonfly wrote:
So I've been reading through the rules for the Harbour pnp game and have a question about coins and hats. I did not read anything about how they are used, nor do they show up on any of the current building cards. Just wondering if they have a purpose in this version that was overlooked, or if they'll be added in the future.

Haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I must say it looks very promising and I am definitely intrigued. Looking forward to trying it out!

Quick FYI, we have a PnP version #6 up now. You can find the announcement along with "patch notes" here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15145036#15145036
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
zackdale wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:

Gawh! Wish I had seen this before playing. Just got done with a game and was sitting there trying to figure out what was the point of these other non-anchor symbols.

Sorry about that! We're just about to release an update to the PnP that clears everything up.

Sorry, SOMEBODY had to fix that tagging!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
egrek egrek
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I played we ignored the hats and coins due to them not being in the rules. Second time used them and found many hats, had five out in a two Plyer game. Stacking sounds good for that (to make collecting them worthwhile) and the coins to me seemed really good.

Seems a shame there aren't more options, but then adding more makes it more complex and the simplicity is what makes it easy and fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.