Subject: Claim bonus cards on setup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When installing your card (or cards if playing w/first few games' rules) on setup, can you place it on a slot with a bonus card and then claim it?

Rules state the slot must be empty, but that doesn't count bonus cards, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can't... empty means nothing in there... those spots with the bonuses can only be claimed when installing pending cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
No you can't... empty means nothing in there... those spots with the bonuses can only be claimed when installing pending cards

See, I don't think you can county on the 'empty' word like that, because it is also used in the rules section describing how installation works. ('You can install in any empty space in any sector')

That's one of the reason's I am asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can count on the word like that. You cannot install onto bonus cards during setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually there's a separate box in the rules regarding the bonus cards on page 9 which leads me to believe that it is not considered "empty".

Anyway, also the example at the end of the rules shows the alien player placing his starting card beside a bonus one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
don don
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
But I find the setup example on p.5 of the rulebook(eng) showing that, Alien put his card on the slot containing a bonus card on tech bay, so maybe it's a legal move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, good catch, now I am not so sure anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Did this ever get resolved? I came here with the same question since there's a conflict in the rules between what "empty" means in the Setup section versus what it means in the Bonus Cards section. I checked the official FAQ but didn't see anything there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's just a mistake in the setup picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.