Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Han Horemans
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I've been out of the mice for a little while and really want to picknup where i left off.

I don't like to play with unpainted models and also want a model for everything there is (actually learning to sculp for that reason).

I still have a lot to do and don't get to play that often, so me and my gaming group have only finished sorrow and remembrance...

... The point is...

Does anyone know when Downwood tales is going to be released, so i know what things to put on my priority list.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are shooting for August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikebell wrote:
If you want a model for everything there is, this is one place to start: BGG user Roolz has created, http://www.shapeways.com/model/1544231/cheese-golem.html And he is awesome enough to ask for no profit. I want one.

Ermahgerd!!! This is amazing! There's even a combo pack with a ladybug for Maginos!

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1737660/cheese-golem-ladybug....#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
mikebell wrote:
If you want a model for everything there is, this is one place to start: BGG user Roolz has created, http://www.shapeways.com/model/1544231/cheese-golem.html And he is awesome enough to ask for no profit. I want one.

Ermahgerd!!! This is amazing! There's even a combo pack with a ladybug for Maginos!

Wow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Horemans
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
We are shooting for August.

Super sweet that you guys are moving the story so fast that you can keep playing without replaying.

But august... Man i really have to start painting and sculpting again.
Not to mention playing.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Shapeways order was rejected:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hi,

After taking a closer look, we cannot print part of your order 399601, placed on 03/08/2014.

We’ve refunded $21.75 to your original payment method for the following:

1 X Cheese Golem & Ladybug in Frosted Ultra Detail designed by Roolz - $15.25
Given the nature of 3D printing, converting digital files into physical products, every now and then we catch designs that would be too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to identify these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process. What you can do is:

Contact the product designer -- they can help resolve the issues found during the manufacturing process.
Shop for other designs from these these trending products!
Your continued satisfaction is our top priority. If you have questions, or if we can improve your Shapeways experience in any way possible, please email us at: service@shapeways.com.

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Team
service@shapeways.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Tried emailing the designer and the link on the webpage kept timing out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the designer.
Shapeways had a problem with the 3D file processing of this model, which is solved now. You should receive a message from them saying that you can re-order (or you can just re-order right now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:

Whoohoo! Just ordered the set! Since I'm still in the basegame I don't know where I'll have to use the cheese golem, but I'll se laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, I've been double-rejected now:

Hi David,

After taking a closer look, we cannot print part of your order 405298, placed on 03/18/2014.

We’ve credited $21.75 to your Shapeways account for the following:

1 X Cheese Golem & Ladybug in Frosted Ultra Detail designed by Roolz - $15.25
Given the nature of 3D printing, converting digital files into physical products, every now and then we catch designs that would be too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to identify these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process. What you can do is:

Contact the product designer -- they can help resolve the issues found during the manufacturing process.
Shop for other designs from these these trending products!
Email us at: service@shapeways.com for a full refund.
Your continued satisfaction is our top priority. If you have questions, or if we can improve your Shapeways experience in any way possible, please email us at: service@shapeways.com.

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Team
service@shapeways.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydcomebak wrote:
Good luck, I've been double-rejected now

Again?? WTF?
This is becoming very annoying.
These models have been printed more than 30 times, as I write this. I just checked my shapeways' model page and I see no issue/alert on the two materials listed... but after browsing their forums it seems like Shapeways has the "habit" of discovering a new "printing problem" every now and then...
Anyway, I'll try to solve this next week and I'll let you know.
Otherwise, I'll just remove my models from their store. Solving their stuff is just too time-consuming, especially since I make zero cash on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I re-checked this morning.
As I write, the last order of the model "golem+ladybug" was on sunday (06 april; 2 models ordered in Frosted Ultra Detail material). There's no issue/alert on the model's page (i.e. everything's "green") and I've received no e-mail alert from Shapeways (when there's a problem, Shapeways typically e-mails the designer, remove the problematic material(s) from the choice list and/or highlight stuff in red). Sorry but there's nothing I can do right now, it's supposed to work fine.
If it happens again, please GM me directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try again. In the meantime, any interest in designing slug minis?

Also, what program do you use for designing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydcomebak wrote:
I'll try again. In the meantime, any interest in designing slug minis?

Also, what program do you use for designing?

Yep, the slug minis are already designed & prototyped... I'm just waiting for the french release of the expansion to get my hands on an accurate colour reference and see if they look good enough once painted.

I use a CAD software, because that's what I'm skilled at, but CAD's not the best tool for sculpting minis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:
As I write, the last order of the model "golem+ladybug" was on sunday (06 april; 2 models ordered in Frosted Ultra Detail material).

I just wanted to check back: I just received a mail from shapeways that my order has been shipped! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys & girls, I just remembered I forgot to keep you posted about the slug minis, in case you hadn't noticed the pics in the gallery.
They look quite good once painted :

Unpainted :

I've made them "public" on an [online 3D printing service].
(I personally won't put the link or site name, to avoid any brutal thread & pic deletion because "promotion is against the rules" and so on. Anyway...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lekero Enilnek
msg tools
Looks sweet. Are you considering doing some of the others from the base set (Vurst, Elites, Skitter-clak, and Vanestra)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx.

I made the Golem and Meeps for the basegame, and slugs for the expansion, but nothing else.
The 3D software I use is not suited for textures such as fur, so I don't plan on making elite rats, etc.
I could make props/tokens (mousetraps, grapes, etc) but I prefer using the flat cardboard ones. However if someone's interested, just let me know and I'll take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying 1 more time. Order for Meeps & Golem plus slugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydcomebak wrote:
Trying 1 more time. Order for Meeps & Golem plus slugs.

FYI they've been ordered by maybe 15 people in the past 2 months, zero problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Rysgaard
Denmark
Aarhus
Midtjylland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impy wrote:
breegull wrote:

Whoohoo! Just ordered the set! Since I'm still in the basegame I don't know where I'll have to use the cheese golem, but I'll se laugh

It is a scroll card in the base game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.