Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] Kitman - thoughts and advice please. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Murphy
England
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,I'm pretty new to all this - been playing for about a month now and this is my first deck post here. Been messing around with a kit deck:

Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (11)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)

Hardware (14)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x CyberSolutions Mem Chip (Fear and Loathing)

Resource (7)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)

Program (9)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
3x Parasite (Core Set) ••••• •
1x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

The general strategy is to pressure RnD, using datasuckers and parasite recursion to take out ice I don't want to deal with, digging deep with RnD interface.
Yogosauraus, Atman and Kit's ability all seem to synergise well with all the parasites and datasuckers. Throw in a few SMCs and clonechips for tutoring out the yog/MO/atman/viruses/other icebreakers as needed and clone chips for parasite recursion (and to rescue broken icebreakers.
Lots of card draw and econ to get my rig up and running asap, and escher for unlocking the game if i get locked out.
Any helpful suggestions please?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
Welcome! Kit is a ton of fun to play -- good choice, and not a bad list at all. =)

FWIW: I'm not sold on including both ProCo and Magnum in the same deck. Installing either one is a big tempo hit and a large commitment, and installing both is rarely going to be a good idea. And it looks like you're relying on Yogosaurus, so that means fat stacks of cash upfront for some later efficiencies. That means you need a lot of burst to get off the ground: you don't want to be spending your first 7 clicks for install Dino-click for 5 credits-install Yog even if you get both pieces in your hand. You've already got a ton of shaper burst draw, also, which would work well with some event economy. And you've got Kati setup for the long game. Also, Scavenge has some flexible utility in this setup -- resetting Atmans, rehosting Yog if you get a late Dino, even extra Parasite recursion in some edge cases. And if Scavenge is on the table, that means Test Run is worth considering, which also helps find an early Yog. With all that in mind, I'd say something like:
-2x CyberSolutions
-1x Magnum Opus
-1x Dinosaurus
-1x Quality Time
-2x R&D Interface
-1x Datasucker
-1x Plascrete Carapace*
+3x Dirty Laundry
+3x Test Run
+2x Scavenge
+1x Femme Fatale

*With this much draw, you can play around the SEA/Scorch until you have to dig.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
strundle wrote:
Welcome! Kit is a ton of fun to play -- good choice, and not a bad list at all. =)

FWIW: I'm not sold on including both ProCo and Magnum in the same deck. Installing either one is a big tempo hit and a large commitment, and installing both is rarely going to be a good idea. And it looks like you're relying on Yogosaurus, so that means fat stacks of cash upfront for some later efficiencies. That means you need a lot of burst to get off the ground: you don't want to be spending your first 7 clicks for install Dino-click for 5 credits-install Yog even if you get both pieces in your hand. You've already got a ton of shaper burst draw, also, which would work well with some event economy. And you've got Kati setup for the long game. Also, Scavenge has some flexible utility in this setup -- resetting Atmans, rehosting Yog if you get a late Dino, even extra Parasite recursion in some edge cases. And if Scavenge is on the table, that means Test Run is worth considering, which also helps find an early Yog. With all that in mind, I'd say something like:
-2x CyberSolutions
-1x Magnum Opus
-1x Dinosaurus
-1x Quality Time
-2x R&D Interface
-1x Datasucker
-1x Plascrete Carapace*
+3x Dirty Laundry
+3x Test Run
+2x Scavenge
+1x Femme Fatale

*With this much draw, you can play around the SEA/Scorch until you have to dig.



Although, the revised version is looking heavier on events, which leads me to think about including Same Old Thing and Indexing. But I don't want to take your deck in a whole different direction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Murphy
England
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
strundle wrote:
Welcome! Kit is a ton of fun to play -- good choice, and not a bad list at all. =)

FWIW: I'm not sold on including both ProCo and Magnum in the same deck. Installing either one is a big tempo hit and a large commitment, and installing both is rarely going to be a good idea. And it looks like you're relying on Yogosaurus, so that means fat stacks of cash upfront for some later efficiencies. That means you need a lot of burst to get off the ground: you don't want to be spending your first 7 clicks for install Dino-click for 5 credits-install Yog even if you get both pieces in your hand. You've already got a ton of shaper burst draw, also, which would work well with some event economy. And you've got Kati setup for the long game. Also, Scavenge has some flexible utility in this setup -- resetting Atmans, rehosting Yog if you get a late Dino, even extra Parasite recursion in some edge cases. And if Scavenge is on the table, that means Test Run is worth considering, which also helps find an early Yog. With all that in mind, I'd say something like:
-2x CyberSolutions
-1x Magnum Opus
-1x Dinosaurus
-1x Quality Time
-2x R&D Interface
-1x Datasucker
-1x Plascrete Carapace*
+3x Dirty Laundry
+3x Test Run
+2x Scavenge
+1x Femme Fatale

*With this much draw, you can play around the SEA/Scorch until you have to dig.


Cheers Sean - gonna try just taking the PCs out and replacing with Dirty Laundrys for now. Might mess around with some of the rest of the replacements too - but not too keen on dropping 2 RnD interfaces as I felt the deck lacks punch without em - it's really nice to be able to use Kit's ability to do a power run every now and again and keep RnD locked.
Also I'm not sure what you meant by "playing around SEA/scorch until you have to dig"? How would you play around this exactly please and what do you mean by dig? Sorry I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to this - cheers for the help though!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
murphydave wrote:
Cheers Sean - gonna try just taking the PCs out and replacing with Dirty Laundrys for now. Might mess around with some of the rest of the replacements too - but not too keen on dropping 2 RnD interfaces as I felt the deck lacks punch without em - it's really nice to be able to use Kit's ability to do a power run every now and again and keep RnD locked.


My thoughts on the R&D Interfaces were that it is one more expensive piece to get installed (you've got CyberSolutions, Yog, Dino, Magnum and Snowball, all of which cost 4+ credits. But maybe you're not installing the mem chip or Snowball in most games?). It seems like that's probably a bit slow to setup in the beginning. I left one in thinking there will be games where you want it to close things out, but with that scale of a rig you probably won't be setting up a quick R&D lock in the early phases.

ETA: Speaking of the expense, maybe Modded is a way to go? Could even use that instead of the Dirty Laundrys mentioned above.

murphydave wrote:
Also I'm not sure what you meant by "playing around SEA/scorch until you have to dig"? How would you play around this exactly please and what do you mean by dig? Sorry I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to this - cheers for the help though!


To kill you with SEA/Scorch, the corp needs to meet a few conditions. For starters, they need all the combo pieces: it's reasonably safe to run until they've drawn a significant number of cards. Additionally, they need more credits than you to land the SEA Source trace -- and then 3 credits more than that for one Scorch, or 6 credits more than that for two Scorches (which they'll need if you're holding 4+ cards). So, you just have to make sure that you can end any turn where you run with 4+ cards and close to credit parity with them. If it doesn't look like that's possible anymore, you 'dig': draw heavily until you find the Plascrete. But with Magnum Opus on the table, you should be able to keep up with most corps credit generation if you need to.

It's a meta call -- if you're facing a lot of Tag and Bag decks, keep at least two Plascretes in the deck. Removing that pressure to keep up economically (as well as the threat of a Posted Bounty kill) makes it a lot easier to play against Weyland. But if it's a card you only need in, say, 15-25% of your matches, think about how the one extra card slot could help you in the remaining 75-85%.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Murphy
England
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great - sound advice, thanks for the help Sean
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
Avatar
mb
strundle wrote:

ETA: Speaking of the expense, maybe Modded is a way to go? Could even use that instead of the Dirty Laundrys mentioned above.


Modded vs. Dirty Laundry is just a question whether you expect to do more running or more installing. If you're planning to build a large rig with lots of targets, Modded helps you get it out faster. The downside will be that if you already have a full rig, there's no way to turn those credits into "real" credits. Dirty laundry gives you "real" credits that you can always use, but does require a successful run.

If you expect to actually utilize Levy AR Lab, I would lean towards Dirty Laundry - the second time through your deck, Modded is essentially blank.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.