Subject: Stonehenge resource points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Beard
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
I haven't played Stonehenge for myself yet, but I hear it's rather weak. Either way, when it comes to collecting victory points based on stone resources, do I count each individual stone resource, or only stone resource cards? In other words, the double stone card counts once (for 2 points) or twice (for 4 points)? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The double would count for 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
bprevas wrote:
The icon on the wonder does not use the brown/grey circle in the icon, so it should count every stone you produce from any source. So the yellow cards should be included.

I agree that it *should* - not only because of the iconography which indeed doesn't include any brown, but primarily because Stonehenge is quite clearly the weakest wonder otherwise and is in bad need of making it stronger.

However, the official rules explicitly say otherwise in the rulesheet for the Wonder Pack, they say to only count the "Stone resource symbol(s) present on the player’s brown cards". (This is not a translation problem, it is in the French original as well.)

So counting the Stone symbol on the yellow Caravansery is a house rule, albeit one that I find very sensible and use myself - although I am not too fond of house rules in general and only use one when I deem it really necessary.
It has already been mentioned as a variant here.

A further question when using this house rule with Cities and Leaders is how to treat Stones produced with the black cards Secret Warehouse and Black Market (although the latter is rarely relevant) and the leader Bilkis.
I tend to think that all of them should count in order to make Stonehenge stronger, both sides really need it.
So for now I play with the house rule that you score for the maximum number of Stones you can produce in a turn *without your neighbours*. (And that you don't need to pay a coin for Bilkis when counting her.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Darador wrote:
[...]
"Stone resource symbol(s) present on the player’s brown cards". [...]

So with the Babel Tile that gives you unlimited of a single resource card played first and Stonehenge afterwards plays a single stone resource --> instant win? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthe77 wrote:
Darador wrote:
[...]
"Stone resource symbol(s) present on the player’s brown cards". [...]

So with the Babel Tile that gives you unlimited of a single resource card played first and Stonehenge afterwards plays a single stone resource --> instant win? devil

Nice try, but you are not the first to whom this (incorrect) thought occured...
Incidentally, the reason for why this is not the case is already pretty much in the rule quote. See this thread (*click*).

So in this case you can indeed take 7 Wonders' rules literally and it makes sense.

To pick another nit: "instant win at the moment of playing a single stone resource" with Babel tile 20 out would be completely out of the question, if anything it would be an automatic victory at the end of the game when VP are counted up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.