Subject: Any reason to get two core sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the manual, they show a card that can take up to four dice... But the game only comes with two of each. So does this mean you may want two core sets to mnemonic able to max these cards out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

Although there will be some variants of the starter heroes to be found in the booster packs, so you could conceivably acquire more of a starter character's dice that way, as well.

But buying two starters is an easier method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you will also be able to play 3 player or more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
you will also be able to play 3 player or more

I thought this was only 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it can easily adapt (magic the gathering like) variants to play more people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you can get more dice for starter characters in the boosters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been mulling over my initial buy too. Can't really seem to decide between 2 starters + 20 boosters vs 1 starter + 40 boosters (about the same price). First option gives I believe just +4 dice overall, but far less (potential) variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
I've been mulling over my initial buy too. Can't really seem to decide between 2 starters + 20 boosters vs 1 starter + 40 boosters (about the same price). First option gives I believe just +4 dice overall, but far less (potential) variety.

main reason I went with 2 starters is for the potential for 3-4 player games. If you only plan on 2 players, I'd go with extra boosters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With enough boosters can you play 3-4 player or does the base set have certain items you need?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
With enough boosters can you play 3-4 player or does the base set have certain items you need?

you will need the extra sidekicks and basic dice from the starter set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dettmarp wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

main reason I went with 2 starters is for the potential for 3-4 player games. If you only plan on 2 players, I'd go with extra boosters

It's gonna be 2-p pretty much max, so guess I'll have to hope my FLGS gets enough boosters then laugh .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
In the manual, they show a card that can take up to four dice... But the game only comes with two of each. So does this mean you may want two core sets to mnemonic able to max these cards out?

My friends don't by CCGs and LCGs. They'll play them if I bring them over. Having two sets allows for a group of four to play each other in turns. Three allows a group of six. I rarely play with an affable group with more than six players.

All points to this being fast, and easy enough to teach to make it a great opening game on a game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanruhe wrote:
Although there will be some variants of the starter heroes to be found in the booster packs, so you could conceivably acquire more of a starter character's dice that way, as well.

In particular, there are cards that match the starter dice with a limit of 5 dice (all others are 4 or fewer). If you get one of them, then you will have at least 3 dice of that type. A second starter set will put you at the maximum number of dice for these cards.

However, you and your opponent could be running the same character, needing another 4 dice (two sets).

So you should buy four sets for yourself if you wish to play non-competitively

You should also get another starter set to sell with your duplicates after hooking someone into the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.