Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate S
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My kickstarted copy of City Council finally arrived. I've been very disappointed in the whole process, delay for US backers, and lack of communication from creator Elad. Now, when my game does ultimately arrive, I see that the Government Agent expansion cards clearly have different colored card edges. This is VERY apparent as the government agent cards have bright white edges and the other cards are grayish on the sides. When the deck is stacked up, I can see bright white stripes where the expansion cards are placed. In addition, even the card backs of the expansion cards appear slightly darker than the other cards. Anyone else have these issues?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just excited to here that its actually shipping! The last notice I saw said it was going to the warehouse and I haven't heard anything since. The expansion mis-coloration sounds like a huge bummer. Hopefully it was a limited issue and you can get a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even notice until I read your post. But then I also didn't play the game since I got the expansion. You're right about the edges of the cards, they are lighter. Additionally I noticed that the cards are also a tiny little bit different in size, like 0.1mm. The backs however seem to have the same black for me. At the end I don't think that it matters during play, but still unfortunate that the cards are not 100% the same considering the expansion came out just weeks after the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a similar issue. Have you thought about sleeving the cards? That might help obfuscate the discrepancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quote from the KS thread (comments:

"@Nathan: I checked my copy (with sleeves) and I checked another completely new set of cards (without sleeves) along with a pair of new "Government Agent" expansions, I could not see any difference (either in the edges nor the actual colors) between the cards. I also gave 5 other people to check a set of cards and they could not pick any expansion card (I put 3 out of 7!). The only conclusion I have is that you got a defected deck of card or a defected expansion. For that I am sorry! Please send me a PM with your current address and I will ship you a new deck of Favor cards along with a new expansion (I cheeked them both - personally). Hope you would enjoy playing our game with the new cards. "

If anyone had the same issue with the cards please GM here or over KS.

Elad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your response and offer of new cards. I greatly appreciate it. I sent you a PM on kickstarter with my address. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also sent you an email and picture at GEG. I was the one with the "missing" component...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.