Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Foley
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This popped up tonight for us and we played through it but would like a clarification.
When Xeno-Betas,(or any regen for that matter), roll for defense and get the bolt they get to regenerate. If they do not already have any wounds would they regenerate any hits rolled during that battle?
Or does regenerate only heal previous wounds?
In effect if they regen current hits it would act like a shield roll.
Thanks for the clarification in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think bolts act first, so if there are no wounds - no regeneration.

Then apply hits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I believe if they do not have any damage they do not regenerate. It works the same way for some of the agents as well, like the Xeno Hunter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is confirmed by Combat Example 2 on page 18.

Quote:
The Xeno-Beta dies [as the Regenerate Bolt effect must be applied before the wounds are inflicted].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I have been playing it, but I didn't find that example in the rules...good catch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
That is how I have been playing it, but I didn't find that example in the rules...good catch.

It could certainly be clearer as it's easy to pass over in the main rules on Page 16.

Quote:
If any die shows a Bolt result, also apply the armor’s Bolt effect [if any]. For each remaining result, deal one wound to the defender’s health points.

While pretty straight forward already, putting a "Then" at the front of the second sentence would seal the deal.

Overall though I'm really impressed with the rules. There is a lot of hierarchy like in a CCG/LCG that isn't spelled out, but naturally integrated. If this was translated from an Italian source, whoever did it did a great job. I did pretty good on a single read through with a few repeats here or there while it all sunk in, though that's probably from years of reading crappy wargame rule sets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
Overall though I'm really impressed with the rules. There is a lot of hierarchy like in a CCG/LCG that isn't spelled out, but naturally integrated. If this was translated from an Italian source, whoever did it did a great job. I did pretty good on a single read through with a few repeats here or there while it all sunk in, though that's probably from years of reading crappy wargame rule sets!

The table of contents at the beginning makes referring to a specific item for clarification a snap, too. I was initially surprised at the lack of an index, but the semi-hierarchical layout makes quick references just as quick.

My only gripe is that the campaign-specific rules are separated out into the Storybook. I get why they did it (storybook campaign is really just building on the base ruleset; could totally see them mixing those rules up for future expansions/storybooks/campaigns), but it's still frustrating to go hunting for a particular clarification/rule that I swear I remember reading only to discover it's in a separate book.

Then again, I'm too anal retentive for my own good sometimes. I've been playing the game exclusively solo and sweating the smallest little rule details, when there's really little reason to do so. It's not like I have to argue some technicality out with a buddy, upon which rests the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.