Subject: 3vs3 Expansion for LTK English Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Wichita
Kansas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and picked up the 3vs3 expansion which Ziko recently released and which is supposed to represent the official tournament rules. Thought I'd list the contents for those who are interested.

I. Deck cards x 10
I think these are simply added to the base deck. The rules on the LTK website also state that you should remove the Lightning cards from the base deck, but the rulesheet included with the expansion does not mention this. EDIT: I believe the online rules are correct, and Lightning is removed from 3vs3 games.

2 x Supply Depletion
4 x Sleight of Hand
2 x Lian Nu
2 x Ward

II. 3vs3 Hero Cards x 17
These are all marked with a 3vs3 expansion icon in the lower right corner. The rules mention having "32 heroes" after you combine the expansion heroes and the base game (swapping out some of the base heroes for their revised 3vs3 versions). The problem is that I keep counting and recounting... and I keep coming up with 35 heroes. I've sent in a question asking if there's a clear list of the 32 "tournament legal" characters, or if three heroes get burned off the top of the deck, etc. EDIT: XU Chu (WEI), LU Xun (WU), and LU Meng (WU) are the three other characters who should be removed to reduce the total to 32.

Revised 3vs3 base-game heroes:
Sun Quan
Cao Cao
Liu Bei
Xiahou Dun
Zhao Yun
Guan Yu
Lu Bu

Expansion heroes:*
Sun Ce
Zhuge Jin
Xiao Qiao
Sun Jian
Xu Huang
Xiahou Yuan
Wen Pin
Jiang Wei
Jia Xu
Pang De

*I think some of these are also special 3vs3 revised versions which differ slightly from their Wind/Fire/Forest/Whatever versions.

III. Foil Card
I got Guo Jia (base-game version, not 3vs3 revised version). Not sure if all the foil cards are base-game heroes or could be expansion heroes. Also, the scratchable code has been moved to a separate card with info about the website rather than being on the back of the foil card.

IV. Caesar
This is a new monarch hero (although he doesn't have a monarch ability, just a powerful regular ability). He doesn't have the 3vs3 icon, so I assume he's meant to be used with the base rules rather than the 3vs3 tournament rules (although there's no reason you couldn't throw him in for casual games). His faction is West (Xi) with a purple background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Wichita
Kansas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the exact list of 32 heroes which are used in the 3vs3 rules.

From the 3vs3 expansion set:
01. SUN Quan
02. CAO Cao
03. LIU Bei
04. XIAHOU Dun
05. ZHAO Yun
06. GUAN Yu
07. LU Bu
08. SUN Ce
09. ZHUGE Jin
10. XIAO Qiao
11. SUN Jian
12. XU Huang
13. XIAHOU Yuan
14. WEN Pin
15. JIANG Wei
16. JIA Xu
17. PANG De

From the base set:
18. SIMA Yi
19. ZHANG Liao
20. GUO Jia
21. ZHEN Ji
22. ZHANG Fei
23. ZHUGE Liang
24. MA Chao
25. HUANG Yueying
26. GAN Ning
27. HUANG Gai
28. ZHOU Yu
29. DA Qiao
30. SUN Shangxiang
31. HUA Tuo
32. DIAO Chan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Crompton
Australia
flag msg tools
macroidtoe wrote:
IV. Caesar
This is a new monarch hero (although he doesn't have a monarch ability, just a powerful regular ability). He doesn't have the 3vs3 icon, so I assume he's meant to be used with the base rules rather than the 3vs3 tournament rules (although there's no reason you couldn't throw him in for casual games). His faction is West (Xi) with a purple background.

Could you post a scan/pic of that? I'm very curious... That would be the first English-only card so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Yu
msg tools
I also ordered the expansion and can't wait to receive it, however from Ziko it's still under the "processing" stage...... may I ask how long did it take for your order to ship and being received??

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.sanguosha.us/3v3-booster-pack.html

They are selling it here, but I am wondering if the "3D promo + sleeves" option gives you 3v3 Expansion on top of the 3D promo and sleeve, or is it just 3D promo and sleeves...

Could someone also tell me what the 3D promo is exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.