Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to some rather all-encompassing demands on my time I've not been able to game much at all lately

Tonight, however, my son is here and we've chosen to play Red Winter: The Soviet Attack at Tolvajärvi, Finland – 8-12 December 1939 together.

To accentuate the already very apparent theme we've bought a bottle of Finlandia Finnish vodka to crank it up to epic proportions

We're getting beside ourselves in anticipation of what is to come...

If there is a better way to spend a Saturday night with my son I'd sure like to know what it is shake

Here's to this wonderful hobby of ours and all that it brings to our lives and relationships.

May this weekend be a great one for us all, in terms of our wargaming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds perfect! Let us know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thechangingman wrote:

To accentuate the already very apparent theme we've bought a bottle of Finlandia Finnish vodka to crank it up to epic proportions

Good choice! Glad to hear you chose finnish vodka instead of russian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, I am not sure whether the vodka really helped our game-play and yet it certainly made for a VERY convivial evening playing an engrossing game

Not feeling fully competent to articulate exactly what went on tonight - suffice to say, RW is ALWAYS a pleasure and my son and I have mutually pledged to play it a WHOLE lot more together in order to fully explore its mechanics...

Happy, happy days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it was the best of times. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ichirou wrote:
Sounds like it was the best of times. cool

You know, during a rather rough week it's those epic-gaming-moments that evoke a smile of pleasure and remembrance.

I left the game on the table and I'll carry on solo where we left off - again inspiring a feeling of continuity built on a shared experience.

How COOL is wargaming?????????????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wm Seabrook
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thechangingman wrote:
Due to some rather all-encompassing demands on my time I've not been able to game much at all lately

Tonight, however, my son is here and we've chosen to play Red Winter: The Soviet Attack at Tolvajärvi, Finland – 8-12 December 1939 together.

We're getting beside ourselves in anticipation of what is to come...

If there is a better way to spend a Saturday night with my son I'd sure like to know what it is shake

Here's to this wonderful hobby of ours and all that it brings to our lives and relationships.

May this weekend be a great one for us all, in terms of our wargaming...

To really get in the mood, you should open all doors and windows, turn on a few fans, and ensure both the fridge and freezer doors are wide open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmfs wrote:

To really get in the mood, you should open all doors and windows, turn on a few fans, and ensure both the fridge and freezer doors are wide open.

Hey now! We've probably had warmer weather and less snow here in Finland this winter than most of the US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wm Seabrook
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tinimini wrote:
wmfs wrote:

Hey now! We've probably had warmer weather and less snow here in Finland this winter than most of the US

And it's not that great here in the UK! (Anteeksi!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.