Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crazy cob's Shadow effect reads "Defending character gets 1 poison".

This is while engaged to some other enemy, and I declared its attack undefended (Frodo was going to cancel its damage as threat). I almost have no other conclusion than to say the poison (from the shadow effect) goes nowhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No simple answer here. For the most part, there isn't a defending character when you let an attack go undefended so I would agree with you that the poison goes nowhere.

But ... if the attacking enemy specifies it attacks a character (e.g. you get this shadow effect for Crazy Cob), then I would say that poison goes on to that character if you leave the attack undefended. I'm basing this reasoning on what the FAQ says about undefended attacks when an enemy attacks a character (section 1.41).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm familiar with the FAQ on the case when a card effect is saying a character is attacked..

Gotta say, just beat this quest and for me what did it to manage this quest was Beorn not allowing poison on him... and frodo's/bilbo's "cancel damage by threat". phew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.