United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Please go to the LAST PAGE(s) of this thread to see the CURRENT Crowdfunded games listed.

On Kickstarter (we are not allowed to post direct links to Kickstarter here -- only in the Kickstarter-specific forums, so I will post the links to the game page on BGG):

ENDS MARCH 9:

Factory-Made Decider Die for HISTORY MAKER BASEBALL! -- There are also pledge levels where you can order the game and/or a special color-version of a set of Hall of Fame player cards. History Maker Baseball, while not a solo game, can, like most sports replay games be played solitaire easily by playing both sides. Since I, and others have posted about it in the SGoYT lists, I thought I should mention this for people who own the game or want to.

Heroes Wanted -- will contain some solo rules

ENDS MARCH 10:

The Convicted -- solo or co-op -- But, note added shipping costs to US and elsewhere

ENDS MARCH 17:

Journey To The Overland -- this is a solitaire RPG-type game.

Please list any other solo-playable games with crowdfunding campaigns currently in progress. Remember, we are not allowed to post direct links to the crowdfunding page here on BGG, so post a link to the BGG page.

Also: Erik has created a thread to discuss crowd-funded games, here:
Kickstarter (& other crowd funding site) Chatter
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1404686/kickstarter-othe...

Please use Erik's thread (or others) to comment on the games, and keep this thread for posting announcements and information about the actual current campaigns.

... Unless you intend to purposely derail this thread and make it difficult for people to find the information about the campaigns, which seems rather contrary the friendly and helpful spirit of the 1 Player Guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some solo-playable games with campaigns ending soon
The Convicted looked good at first blush, but when I saw how the sieges phase worked I decided to pass. That looks like it takes forever and is completely uninteresting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been pushing for an official solo variant of Kill Shakespeare, which is semi coop, telling them it could help boost pledges, but no luck so far. Ends March 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Journey to the Overland could be neat, but I would be crazy to pay the prices listed. I would love to pledge for Heroes Wanted but can't work it into my budget right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
On Kickstarter (we are not allowed to post direct links to Kickstarter here -- only in the Kickstarter-specific forums, so I will post the links to the game page on BGG)

Not to derail the thread, but I was unaware of this rule. Its not really preventing me from finding the campaign, so, in the long run, its just makes BGG less user friendly. And that makes me sad, because that's not how I view BGG.

Back on topic. I've shilled it before (even though I'm not backing it myself), but check out Fireteam Zero if you're looking for a light, miniatures board game. As its co-op, you can easily play solo. The downside, be prepared to have deep pockets if you want to qualify for stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Jude wrote:
On Kickstarter (we are not allowed to post direct links to Kickstarter here -- only in the Kickstarter-specific forums, so I will post the links to the game page on BGG)

Not to derail the thread, but I was unaware of this rule. Its not really preventing me from finding the campaign, so, in the long run, its just makes BGG less user friendly. And that makes me sad, because that's not how I view BGG.

Yep, we found out about it at the Women and Gaming forums when Octavian showed up and threatened to delete a thread that we had been posting in for a rather long time (and quite a few pages worth). He ended up moving it to the Kickstarter forums where it died (he locked it). So we started a new one without links to the actual crowdfunding pages. Speaking of things that make BGG less user-friendly: It's funny how Octavian claims he won't delete anything when we women complain about trolls showing up and making vulgar, sexist comments and ruining threads, and making personal sexist attacks on us, even in the Women and Gaming forums, even though bigotry is forbidden by the BGG forum rules, yet he deletes other things that aren't misogynistic bigotry. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, you don't have to be backing something to post it here. I'm not. I just wanted this to be a heads up thread for solo gamers to find out about solo-playable crowdfunded games before it was too late to pledge.

I believe there is another thread somewhere about the same thing, except that it deals mostly with new campaigns, which is good for getting in on early bird pledges, and maybe influencing game decisions.

This thread is meant to be reminder before the pledging closes, and also to list some games that might have been missed or only added solo-play later in the campaign.

But post any solo-playable games that you wish, along with the date that the funding campaign ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
The Convicted looked good at first blush, but when I saw how the sieges phase worked I decided to pass. That looks like it takes forever and is completely uninteresting.

That is what I thought too. The artwork looked fantastic ... but the gameplay seemed very ... meh. So I am going to take the stance of letting someone else try it before I plop money on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radchad wrote:
gertbert wrote:

That is what I thought too. The artwork looked fantastic ... but the gameplay seemed very ... meh. So I am going to take the stance of letting someone else try it before I plop money on it.

Same for me too. Really liked the idea of upgrading the castle, but ultimately felt that the combat/ siege element felt soulless and too deterministic for my tastes.

An upcoming project I have half an eye on is MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat. It's being launched in about a week by the same team that ran the current Kickstarter darling Myth and also promises co-op play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, this did say "ending soon" and the one I mentioned isn't. My bad. I find that most of my mistakes in life are due to not reading the manual (or in this case the subject header) fully. This is why I've developed a preference for short rule books.

Sorry to hear that some users feel the need to harass others. It makes me sad to think there are neanderthals on the forums. The "stay in the kitchen" mentality really irritates me.

To steer it back towards KS, is there a price point or delivery period threshold that you won't cross. That is, what's too much pay or too long to wait?

For me, crossing the $75 mark is pretty much a no go. Of course, after finally getting my non-KS copy of Zombicide on the table, I might have to rethink this if Season 3 hits Kickstarter.

As far as a delivery window, anything longer than 12 months really is a deal breaker for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Withnails liver wrote:
An upcoming project I have half an eye on is MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat. It's being launched in about a week by the same team that ran the current Kickstarter darling Myth and also promises co-op play.

That does sound interesting. The BBG entry mentions "fog of war". In a co-op game? I wonder how they manage that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's okay to list a project that's going until April 2, there's a game called Apex Theropod (no BGG listing, apparently) that has the potential to be really great. It's a deckbuilding game in the style of Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game. It's a first-time project from the designer, but he seems to be handling it well, and it deserves more attention than it's getting. The page was just reorganized to give a cleaner idea of the game, and there's a gameplay video available (although it's a little hard to follow) and some neat stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Withnails liver wrote:

That does sound interesting. The BBG entry mentions "fog of war". In a co-op game? I wonder how they manage that.

I'm not sure if that's what they mean, but Galaxy Defenders has a form of fog of war mechanic...the enemies are represented by radar signals until they get into your line of sight, when they are revealed as a specific type of enemy or, sometimes, a false positive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
eracer68 wrote:
Withnails liver wrote:

I'm not sure if that's what they mean, but Galaxy Defenders has a form of fog of war mechanic...the enemies are represented by radar signals until they get into your line of sight, when they are revealed as a specific type of enemy or, sometimes, a false positive.

Patton's Best did something similar, and with my "It Was Only the Wind" variant, enemies became even more uncertain before they were identified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rookism wrote:
This thread got me tempted by Heroes Wanted, but sad there's nothing out there about the solo play.

Just this in the FAQ at the bottom of the Kickstarter page, but it doesn't go into any detail:
Quote:

How does solo play work?

In solo play, you will play against a villain who has a lower starting hit point amount than in a game with multiple players. You will choose one of the four scenarios that come with the game. There are solo instructions for each scenario. These include an amount of turns that the scenario will last and a goal amount of fame the player needs to gain to become a Champion of Zeta City.

You will have to plan out your turns to make sure you gain enough fame to win. Interestingly, you might not want to just knock out the villain quickly since that might leave you lacking in fame. You have to give the citizens and reporters of Zeta City enough time to get to the scene and take note of what you are doing, so don't be in too much of a rush. Use your time wisely and try to gain as much fame as possible.

Since one of the add-ons is a co-op adventure, I am somewhat hopeful for the solo rules, but there are no details for the co-op rules, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rookism wrote:
Hehe except that last bit that I now remember reading but forgot after browsing game videos about it for the past hour or so.

Don't know why, but I'm getting a vague Mage Knight vibe from this game. Maybe it's the combination of card and board play, with in game levelling. Well, less than a day to decide.

Here's some more info that that was posted in the comments on the Kickstarter page:

Quote:
Each scenario will play out similar to how it would in multiplayer. The main difference in determining whether you won or not will be if you meet the target fame threshold to become a Champion. The replayability is because of how different the villain or your hero might be. The fame goals are set so that you really have to plan your turns carefully in order to maximize your final score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn you people! Now I have to add Galaxy Defenders and MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat to my want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:

I think The Convicted looks cool. It reminds me of a real solitaire wargame (despite the wooden blocks, or meeples if you upgrade), not just a tower defense-type of game. Add that in with the "build the city/walls/moat/etc. aspect, and I am really liking it! It's only got about a day left to pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Journey To The Overland only has a couple of days left to go. (March 17) I am so tempted by this game. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. The miniatures for stretch goals probably drove up the initial price and they aren't even necessary (or even wanted, IMHO).

Castle Assault is likewise almost done, but I don't think it's going to meet its goal, probably partly because it doesn't have a BGG entry. (March 17)

Fireteam Zero has a couple of weeks left (April 1).

Apex Theropod is ending on April 2. This one looks interesting: a dinosaur deckbuilder.

MERCS: Recon is building fast. They just announced a Myth crossover figure. (April 18)

Anyone else watching any good ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tower has a stretch goal for an AI player that will allow solo play. This got talked up on Shut Up and Sit Down a little bit ago, but I haven't looked at the project closely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo gameplay video for Apex Theropod Deck-Building Game, there will be another soon dealing with combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Journey To The Overland only has a couple of days left to go. (March 17) I am so tempted by this game. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. The miniatures for stretch goals probably drove up the initial price and they aren't even necessary (or even wanted, IMHO).
I like the description, but the price kept me from looking at it too closely in case I'd find it too tempting.

Jude wrote:
Fireteam Zero has a couple of weeks left (April 1).

This one also appeals to me. Thankfully (?) its too pricey to tempt me. I already have a number of games like this that I rarely play. Why spend $150+ for the same experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Solo gameplay video for Apex Theropod Deck-Building Game, there will be another soon dealing with combat.

That game is looking better and better. I am so glad I was an early supporter; that tutorial video is exactly the sort of thing that every Kickstarter project should have. I was a little nervous at first, seeing as it's the creator's first project, but he seems to be running it very well and I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy the final product.

It doesn't go into too many details of gameplay, but I did an interview with the creator that went live earlier in the week. Hope it's okay to link it here: http://htmlgiant.com/random/herschel-hoffmeyer-dinosaur-enth...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Jude wrote:

That game is looking better and better. I am so glad I was an early supporter; that tutorial video is exactly the sort of thing that every Kickstarter project should have. I was a little nervous at first, seeing as it's the creator's first project, but he seems to be running it very well and I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy the final product.

It doesn't go into too many details of gameplay, but I did an interview with the creator that went live earlier in the week. Hope it's okay to link it here: http://htmlgiant.com/random/herschel-hoffmeyer-dinosaur-enth...

I'd already read that article but didn't realize it was yours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Red Dragon's Lair is ending on April 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.