Subject: Towns and Cities blocking Supply Lines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please, I need some help with this situation at the begining of the deployment phase in a contested map:

I am the initative player so my units are deployed second, after the non initiative player. Can I block the enemy supply line if it be traced through a town under my control but not containing units on it?

Thansks for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Non initiative player cannot capture a town, but...if there were a way for him to get past it, it would likely be oos and not a valid deploy space. If he left it in supply then feel free to deploy ther and beyond so long as not in zoc and in supply...non init player will learn a quick lesson about logistics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don´t wanna capture any town... the situation take place in a contested map, the non initiative player deploy her units normally but doing so he trace a line of supply through one of my control cities of the previous gameturn (I´m not deploy any of my units yet, as the initiative player)
Is that city bloking her line of supply, negating her initial deployment?

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my english :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Place control markers in the towns you control at the end of a turn on a contested map. As you cannot trace a LOC through an enemy controlled town the non-initiative player cannot set up her units on the far side as they must be on or adjacent to a road that is in supply.

Philip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
Place control markers in the towns you control at the end of a turn on a contested map. As you cannot trace a LOC through an enemy controlled town the non-initiative player cannot set up her units on the far side as they must be on or adjacent to a road that is in supply.

Philip

I'm agree with you, that makes sense and also is required for negating the monster advantage of the non-iniciative player deploying first. But this question is unclear in the rulebook (section 11.1 about "tracing supply") where is not mentioned the "enemy controled towns/cities" as elements with the capacity for blocking supply lines.
Maybe the gamedesigner (Carl Paradis) could resolve our question.

Thank you very much for your answers :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For game deployment enemy twon/cities indeed block your deployment supply path.

Do not forget that, as indicated in the rules, the non-initiative player cannot capture cities when he initially deploys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply, Mr Paradis. It´s remarkable the support you are doing on the Geek clarifying our doubts. Congratulation for an enjoyable game design.

Thank you very much again! :) :) :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are most welcome. Don't hesitate if you have any more questions! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.