THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There is a bit of a puzzle I have run into regarding the BGG designer entry for Michael E. Matheny. I am hoping someone with first hand knowledge of the designer(s?) in question can help clear this up.

Michael Scott Matheny (aka Michael S. Matheny) is credited as designer in a number of Yaquinto games. However, there is no database entry for this "Michael S." -- all of his games are linked to the aforementioned designer entry for "Michael E."

A Michael Matheny was credited as designer in the Battleline game Circus Maximus, and the AH reprint, and those games are also attached to designer "Michael E."

As Battleline personnel went on to found and staff Yaquinto, it seems reasonable to suspect that the same "Michael Matheny" that designed Battleline's Circus Maximus is also the "Michael S. Matheny" who went on to be a prolific designer for Yaquinto.

However, since there is no middle initial listed in the Battleline and AH credits, I have not been able to eliminate the possibility that it was instead a Michael E. Matheny that designed those games...

I suspect the "Michael E." name might just reflect a typo that has been propagated over the years, so I wanted to check in with the veteran grognards here to see if there is a first hand acquaintance of Mr. Matheny who can verify whether the "Circus Maximus guy" is also the "Yaquinto guy."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.