Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a great idea, let's make BGG even more of a connect the dots of information by creating a bottomless pit of pages for the same game. Nonsensical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same reaction at first, but it does include the expansion, so technically not the same as the regular game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
I had the same reaction at first, but it does include the expansion, so technically not the same as the regular game...

This is correct. Like it or not, based on the current rules, it belongs as a separate version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
Nah I don't think so(at least from my pov I don't know the rules), it's not such a marked difference. It is essentially the same game. Also from a 'Hotness' publicity perspective it fragments traffic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saves the Collectors owners from having to mix with the common riff-raff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rob nawa wrote:
Nah I don't think so(at least from my pov I don't know the rules), it's not such a marked difference. It is essentially the same game. Also from a 'Hotness' publicity perspective it fragments traffic.

So, in your opinion, people who buy this edition should have to add Tokaido, Tokaido: Crossroads, and Tokaido: Eriku to properly track what they bought? Then let's say they get other promos or expansions, how do they know what was bundled with what?

It's an imperfect solution though, but it is the current policy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
that's true I suppose the old new characters thing.
It's difficult I can see but I would personally prefer to see maybe expansions as subheadings under the main games and new entries for other remakes. Say for instance Arkham Horror and Arkham Horror (though I can see this is the way that bgg works and that is all good War of the Ring Collector's Edition).

(I've now read that thread about it, I still think if there's been no major rule changes, it's published by the same company and designer, there's no retheme then it is in the same family, I would put 'Collector Edition' as the first major branch under Tokaido along with the Basic or Base Set or whatever, then Expansions/Promo's). Still BGG do a great job and this is small potatoes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a minor deal, I would just prefer consolidation. Regardless of all the KS characters, etc... It's still the same game. I highly doubt people will go to the collectors edition to ask rules questions just because that is their edition. You go where the people are and that's the Tokaido listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
skyzero wrote:
It is a minor deal, I would just prefer consolidation. Regardless of all the KS characters, etc... It's still the same game. I highly doubt people will go to the collectors edition to ask rules questions just because that is their edition. You go where the people are and that's the Tokaido listing.

i completely agree that if i wanted to discuss about tokaido i would go to the tokaido listing

but i think the separate listing is also good for those who want to sell or trade the CE version of the game
the CE version is still rather different in a way that it comes with miniatures whereby the original version does not
by having a separate entry, 2 things are addressed

1) Trading / Selling is easier
2) Photos posted of the miniatures wont confuse people who roam the original Tokaido game site into thinking that vanilla Tokaido comes with miniatures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
It's all tech costs and all that but you could compartmentalize subsections under the main heading. Add a folder for the CE etc. that could trigger a subfolder for pictures/files and whatever. It is only what I'd do if I was organising my pc (whenever the hell I did that last).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be in the minority here but I think the linked forums tab does an admirable job keeping you in the loop about a entire family of games. In this case I see threads from Takaido, Collectors edition, and the expansions all from the main Tokaido page.

While it's not perfect, it does a decent job of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
It's all good.
Let's face it, it's an amazing resource as it is this site. And any preferences are always subjective.
Like many I'm sure I could not have even imagined the milky internet goodness/evil annoying computer frustration that is the modern world from my childhood times of Pacman, Space Invaders and Pot Noodle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Tokaido Collector's Edition.

For anyone looking to interact with all of the pieces of Tokaido at once, you may prefer using the family

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/25050/tokaido

which shows you threads for all of the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.