Subject: Blank item / skill tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a couple of these and wondering their relevence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're there if you want to make your own skill or item. This seems to be a pretty common pattern for board games (Small World comes with blank race and special ability tokens, for instance), and I think that developers typically do this to fill the space in token punch boards (since there's typically no real extra cost associated with a blank item like that, it uses up a little more of the available cardboard, and at least a few people will appreciate them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll always take a blank tile over blank cardboard, but I wish publishers would give an actual tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caffeinehead wrote:
I'll always take a blank tile over blank cardboard, but I wish publishers would give an actual tile.

I hear ya! However, I'd caution that adding something just because there's room shouldn't automatically be done either. I'm sure that all the cardboard elements were play-tested before sending them to the manufacturer. So the lay-out isn't known until after this point, which means that anything added at this point would either not be play-tested (and could potentially ruin the game, necessitating house rules) or would delay the game longer (which means that the developer would need to pitch-fork and torch proof their HQ).

Having said that, I do wish they would have just gone ahead and added the trap token that was (intentionally) omitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.