Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it may be a little too late to do anything about it, but as I was packing for a trip that I am taking just by myself, where I will have significant down time, I was thinking of what games to bring along with me.
I just don't feel up to bringing some big box of anything... Robinson Crusoe, Hoplomachus, some Deck Builder with all the cards.

What small box game (think Bang the Dice Game or No Thanks sized), maybe even micro game, maybe even small print and play, plays well solo that can easily be tossed in a backpack or suitcase, that doesn't feel like the same game over and over after the first 10 plays?

I know the knee jerk reaction is to list Friday as an automatic answer to this. Are there any others? (Maybe even a link to a forum thread that this has already been discussed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much downtime is "significant"? Are you looking for a light game or something deep and complex? How soon are you leaving?

Onirim
Magic: The Gathering challenge decks
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game
SOS Titanic
Dungeoneer: Tomb of the Lich Lord and others in the series can be played solo

Edit: More thoughts (print and play)
How to Host a Dungeon
AstroNavis Merchant Advanced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zulus on the Ramparts and Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition)

You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Bickman wrote:
The 2nd edition of Dawn of the Zeds is actually pretty big. If you get the polybaged version, it will be more compact, but still about the size of a magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp comes in a nice small box. Plays really well to.

You could also probably cram something like The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43 into a folder and baggie, and the box is already pretty thin.

PAX is basically a deck of cards and plays pretty well solo too, perfect for traveling. also has a small table footprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age is quite small for solo play, and you dont need the giant score block, just take a few sheets of them along with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.