Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anderson Tao
United States
San Bruno
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I am a student developer who is participating in the Google Admob Student Challenge. I have created a puzzle game for Android called Mr. E. with 6 levels of challenging puzzles. It took about a month to program in between studying and doing homework. Please giving it a try, give me some feedback, and if you like it, review and rate it!

Heres the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andersonta...

I hope you enjoy all the puzzles. Thanks for your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Denby
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
And I'll form the Head!
mbmbmbmbmb
duplicate thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim the Enchanter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there.

Firstly congrats on getting your first App onto Google Play. thumbsup

Some random thoughts:

Does the App really need these permissions? I'm guessing that it needs internet access for the 'Ad' part of 'Admob' but it would be nice for the App description to confirm this. And GPS position? tbh I'm not sure anyone with security / privacy concerns would download this App.

Would be nice if the App could give people some feedback on how close to the solution they are. Granted the nature of some of your puzzles will make this a not easy task but some sort of feedback will keep people involved a lot more than a blank, unresponsive screen.

I think some of the clues could allow for alternate methods of solving them. I mean if the first clue also mentioned "hurry up before the half-dozen countdowns end" would that completely break the point of the puzzle? I don't know.

Unless those two screenshots of your App are actually clues for part of a puzzle then I would change them to show some of the actual puzzle screens, so people can get an idea of what is going on, rather than just a title and 'begin' button.

hth

Best of luck on your future App-writing ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anderson Tao
United States
San Bruno
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Thanks for giving the game a try and for your feedback!

Quote:
Would be nice if the App could give people some feedback on how close to the solution they are. Granted the nature of some of your puzzles will make this a not easy task but some sort of feedback will keep people involved a lot more than a blank, unresponsive screen.

I have received the same feedback from others and have already pushed out and update that gives some response to the attempts at solving the puzzles.

Quote:
I think some of the clues could allow for alternate methods of solving them. I mean if the first clue also mentioned "hurry up before the half-dozen countdowns end" would that completely break the point of the puzzle? I don't know.

I am not sure I understand your comment, but some of the puzzles have multiple ways of solving and more or less breadcrumbs depending on how hard I decided to make the level.

Quote:
Unless those two screenshots of your App are actually clues for part of a puzzle then I would change them to show some of the actual puzzle screens, so people can get an idea of what is going on, rather than just a title and 'begin' button.

Im a one man band here and I do not have the design skills to "make look pretty". That is why the story of Mr. E is wrapped around the puzzles. I guess I could upload some screens, but they are not very pretty... Ill think about it.

Thank you for your kind words and time to play and feedback again! I really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the puzzles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.