Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I see the pictures posted here, but my games rarely look like these neat little lines. It's chaotic and bloody and a heckuva lot of fun...organized wouldn't even come close to what I'm seeing though.

Am I alone here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Niope. The games I've played solitaire always end up with a couple of Battles from each side getting into a bloody tangle. Smash and bash could have well been the name of the game. There are a few times when a Battle can reform its lines but that's often well into the end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
I always get a mess too. Those nice lines only last until you engage the enemy. Then it's a big chaotic jumble of units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
At 2nd St Albans, if the Yorkists are falling back the lines can remain relatively neat. Most games end up a scrum, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I need to read more on the history but didn't this time period differ from the ancient roman tactics of holding the line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Kindfuller
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know, most of my games have ended up fairly linear, at least on the individual Battle scale. The rule that you can't move to a hex adjacent to a unit you started adjacent too makes it difficult to really lose the line, as long as neither side gets too broken up.

On the other hand, on a larger scale I often have the different Battles all over the place, as one is activated multiple times and gets away from the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sovinnai wrote:
I don't know, most of my games have ended up fairly linear, at least on the individual Battle scale. The rule that you can't move to a hex adjacent to a unit you started adjacent too makes it difficult to really lose the line, as long as neither side gets too broken

That doesn't preclude units from running all over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My experience, particularly in Bosworth, was a massed cavalry charge along one flank. A counter-charge by the Lancastrians and generally a nice rush forward toward the bogs to deal with the Longbowmen and handgunners.

What was interesting in the two games I played of it ... the artillery was really ineffective. It accounted for may be 2 disordered results across those games. None blew up, BUT ... handgunners might as well be suicide bombers with how frequently they were blowing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.