Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tilden
United States
Marana
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
First I would like to thank A2Z Games for hosting the event. On now to the report. Sorry to all my opponents as I can't remember all of their names.

Deck lists -
Identity: Weyland: Building a Better World

Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: 20 / 20
Influence: 15 / 15

Agenda (10)
2x Geothermal Fracking
3x Government Contracts
3x Hostile Takeover
2x Project Atlas

Asset (4)
2x GRNDL Refinery
2x Melange Mining Corp

Ice (21)
3x Archer
3x Chimera
2x Curtain Wall
2x Eli 1.0 ●●
3x Hadrians Wall
3x Ice Wall
1x Janus 1.0 ●●●
2x Rototurret ●●
2x Viktor 2.0 ●●●●●●

Operation (12)
3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Hedge Fund
3x Oversight AI
3x Restructure

Upgrade (2)
2x Corporate Troubleshooter ●●

Identity: Shapers: Kate "Mac" McCaffrey

Cards: 45 / 45
Influence: 15 / 15

Event (26)
3x Diesel
3x Easy Mark ●●●
3x Indexing
3x Modded
3x Special Order ●●●●●●
2x Stimhack ●●
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run
3x The Makers Eye

Hardware (8)
3x R&D Interface
3x Rabbit Hole
2x The Toolbox

Program (8)
2x Corroder ●●●●
2x Creeper
2x Magnum Opus
2x ZU.13 Key Master

Resource (3)
3x Underworld Contact

Results - 4 Swiss Rounds (16 Participants)
-Round 1 - Opponent IDs - Andromeda & NBN TWIY*
Won both games, with Stimhack proving invaluable in the needed economy burst to hit R&D for the win.

-Round 2 - Opponent IDs - Weyland BABW & Kate
Won both games. Needed to dig R&D deep as my opponent had mostly 3 pointers. Agendas few and far between.

-Round 3 - Opponent IDs - Exile & NBN TWIY*
Won as runner. Lost as corp. Opponent could not get ICE and hit R&D very early for 6 points then picked spot for last agenda. As corp I had R&D blocked with Janus-Archer-Ice Wall(advanced 6) and my remote blocked with Hadrian(Advanced 1)-Hadrian(advanced 2)-Ice Wall. However he had enough to make a solid run as he had Magnum Opus out for needed credits. Could not get the 3 pointer anywhere safe and he pulled from my HQ of 5 cards for the win. I had 6 points at that time.

-Round 4 - Opponent IDs - NBN TWIY* & Gabe
Won as runner and lost as Corp. Kept a hand when should have taken a mulligan and it went of the rails for corp as I never had enough cash to stop the bleeding. Was able to win as runner against a painfully annoying Corp. Power shutdown my Corroder and Keymaster each twice then when he Jacksoned cards from archives he brought Power Shutdown back for more. Still managed a win but this played into the next match.

Finished the Swiss Rounds with 12 Prestige and after strength of Schedule was in 3rd. Made the final four.
-Final Four - Opponent (2 seed) was my opponent from round 4.
Lost both games with a score of 20 to 5. Here is where it all went bad. Remember Power Shutdown. Could not overcome it this time as I lost my Corroder and Keymaster each three times. Scored 4 points. Then I still had the same issues against Gabe and failed to get the pieces to stop him. Scored only 1 point.

Overall finish - 4th Place. I was very pleased with how my decks performed for the day especially my Weyland as I threw it together 30 minutes beforehand. Was unhappy with previous corp and can't say enough how important it is to play decks you are comfortable with. Having had good success with this style of Weyland was a benefit to me in the tournament. My Kate deck was great as she only lost once. Overall I had a great time and big thanks again to A2Z Games. Love the Woton Playmat and looking forward to regionals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very strange to me that you're running Special Order over Self-Modifying Code, particularly since your breaker suite has Creeper and Keymaster that don't require MU, and you've got Toolbox that puts you up to 6 MU :0 If this has been working for you, I might recommend trying -1 Special Order, +1 Self Modifying Code, -1 Creeper, +1 Ninja/Femme Fatale, just to give yourself some choice on killers if nothing else, and if the SMC works out you can trade the other Special Orders for the other SMC and have tons of other options for how to spend the extra influence (maybe bring in a Nerve Agent, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tilden
United States
Marana
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
Very strange to me that you're running Special Order over Self-Modifying Code, particularly since your breaker suite has Creeper and Keymaster that don't require MU, and you've got Toolbox that puts you up to 6 MU :0 If this has been working for you, I might recommend trying -1 Special Order, +1 Self Modifying Code, -1 Creeper, +1 Ninja/Femme Fatale, just to give yourself some choice on killers if nothing else, and if the SMC works out you can trade the other Special Orders for the other SMC and have tons of other options for how to spend the extra influence (maybe bring in a Nerve Agent, etc.)

Thanks for the opinion. The only reason I went with 3 Special Orders over SMC was ironically the memory. Everytime I tested with SMC I would always get out Magnum Opus and one breaker and be wondering where in my deck the Link cards chose to hide from me. Installing a SMC would force a program trash on me. Switching to Special order did not hinder my speed much at all and eliminated this issue giving time for the Link cards to be found and installed to allow all 3 breakers and Magnum Opus to remain installed. It did take an extra action from me but the cost in credits was about the same. I do agree on variety for sentry breakers...considering putting in Mimic to handle the smaller sentries as he is more efficient than Creeper. May remove the Stimhacks to do this. Thanks again for the critique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.