United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,
We can send you the missing terrain hex tile counter sheet if you send us your address at Worthingtonpublishing.com. We will also send another game board.

Worthington Publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
This really is due to a change in circumstances. The company that printed the first Hold the Line is defunct, hence Worthington's delay in making a sequel game. The first game also came out before the Great Recession. Everything was cheaper before that event.

I can understand comments on the game's production value. The game does not equal that of the original in those regards (although people seem to love the step up in complexity). Because Worthington used a new printer Highland Charge is plagued by some nagging errors. But the counters look sharp, my board is not warped, and all around it is a good looking game. My only wish is that the game came in a bigger box (it would make expansion plans easier).

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I agree that this is not on par with Academy or GMT in terms of components, but to be honest what you wrote sounds like hpyerbole. The "worst?" Have you ever played anything from Avalanche?

PS: I enjoy some of what Avalanche offers but they need to step it up with their components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr French wrote:

So, since the board is useless, and there were no terrain tiles, I have paid full price for what essentially was an expansion for use with my existing HtL board.

cartking24 wrote:

Kevin,
We can send you the missing terrain hex tile counter sheet if you send us your address at Worthingtonpublishing.com. We will also send another game board.

Worthington Publishing

Mr French wrote:

While I would happily accept a replacement board and terrain tiles from the original German produced HtL, I am afraid the Frederick replacements would be more of the same.

Did you get the terrain tiles or not?

I seem to recall reading, before the game ever game out, Worthington (or maybe it was Sean) saying that this game would be of a lower quality than Hold the Line. I also remember that it was explained why, including the reasons for the smaller counters.

Is it really the "Worst Production Value"? Isn't that a bit of exaggeration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand how someone can feel ripped off, but I try to keep perspective as best I can.

I like Worthington and their games. I want top notch components from publishers, but I also understand reality.

The market for these games is pathetically small. That means sometimes to keep prices reasonable sometimes the components will be less than AAA.

I'm willing to take the trade off for fun games with interesting topics and mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

I'm trying to figure out why a market that considers itself so cerebral and "playability" focused is always so concerned about how pretty things are. Granted in this case the gentleman didn't get a complete game, but that seems to be the least of his concerns.

My copy looks fine by the way. My board is flat and my punch sheets are nicely aligned. Sounds like you got a bad break this time.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

. . . and . . . he's gone. We all look pretty silly, eh?

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's not call "troll!" too quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

No, not troll, just us looking silly.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
Let's not call "troll!" too quickly.

True, but the honor of one of my favorite games was besmirched!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
SEAN CHICK ATE MY BABY!

There, now we have something to talk about, since the original dude deleted his stuff.
Discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just bought this game and the components are not that inspiring. I just use my units from Napoleon's war which I have supplemented with additional units from Vickrory II and so have eight colours to differentiate units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.