badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/games_day.php#.UxwZf16by8c

Quote:
Southampton Games Day

29th March 2014

12:30 to 5:30pm

Highfield Church centre (SO17 1RL)

We are pleased to announce another Games Day (yes, we know that it's only open during the afternoon but we dedicate a whole day to organising everything for your gaming pleasure!). In the spirit of exploration, we continue moving around different venues. This time, please visit us at Highfield Church centre (SO17 1RL) and bring your friends.

It will be great to see all those who can come (so clear your diaries now!) and it is as always free. There will be many exciting games there to try. If there is a particular game you would like to try or if you have any questions please contact us through either our facebook events page. or by emailling us at contact1@boardgameextras.co.uk.

In addition, you can pre order anything you want to collect on the day by selecting "collect at games day" when checking out of our website store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just giving this thread a nudge as the event is tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stokes
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would of loved to of attended but it's my groups long session, maybe next time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great event, and many thanks to all those who helped to run games etc on the day.

I played;

Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 4 – Nederland
The addition of money, with variable pries for routes, is an interesting twist on the usual TtR game. My only quibble is that the bonus points for money seems to me to be too big. 50+ points for most money! I think the main focus of any TtR game should be to complete routes, and bonus points for money should add be a decider in a close game rather than a way to snatch victory from way behind.

Star Trek: Attack Wing
The game is okay but does not float my boat to be honest. It all seems to rely too much on lucky dice rolls rather than tactics. The miniature sculpts are fine, but the paint jobs are an horrible.

Firefly: The Game
Fun game and easy to pick up the rules. There is a bit of a lack of player interaction, and if you pick up some duff jobs by bad luck you are not going to be able to get rid of them and go and do something productive. It is thematically close to the tv series, and the components are nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.