Popular Tags: [View All]
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
No spoilers here.

We played our second game today. I was the first game's winner and my momentum created by founding a major city combined with my seizure of North America early in the second game let me quickly get to the point where I could amass 30 troops. I did so.

We opened the designated box and were shocked at how off-the-wall the add-ons were. Completely entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite an unusal opening, because normally you (or someone else) would have won the game before recruiting so many troops. The 30 troops package is usually one of the last to open. What an interesting earth you have :-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
grammatoncleric wrote:
quickly get to the point where I could amass 30 troops

Not that it's reversible now, but you realize that the trigger condittion isn't simply amassing a total of 30+ troops, but actually deploying 30+ new troops on a single turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I deployed 30 single troops, while holding 1 missile, on the penultimate turn of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we only opened that on a 16th or 17th game, so after the initial 15 had been played.

Spoiler alert!
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So where on the map did you put the sticker? To what did it connect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler alert: answer to previous hidden question:
The sticker is somewhere in the Indian Ocean, but connected to Western Australia and all the way over to Argentina—something equivalent to Antarctica, I would think.

Meanwhile, one of the survivors in the game put a minor city in Argentina. Given its proximity to the new island, I expect that city will be ruined by an event card quite soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilarious, that's exactly how ours played out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear God, you have a chance to do what I wanted to when I played the game through a second time with another group...but I screwed up and missed it. You probably won't do it, especially since you just placed that sticker and don't know what I'm talking about. Man, what I wouldn't give to have the chance to "sequence break" in that very particular way and stick it to those sons of..... devil

grammatoncleric wrote:
No spoilers here.

We played our second game today. I was the first game's winner and my momentum created by founding a major city combined with my seizure of North America early in the second game let me quickly get to the point where I could amass 30 troops. I did so.

We opened the designated box and were shocked at how off-the-wall the add-ons were. Completely entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Butler
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
Quite an unusal opening, because normally you (or someone else) would have won the game before recruiting so many troops. The 30 troops package is usually one of the last to open. What an interesting earth you have :-).

Last to open? I've had it on Game 2, Game 5, and Game 5. (Yes, I foolishly have three boards.) It's not that hard to open. Although it particularly depends on your coin distribution. It's easy to get in four turns if you grab a couple three or four coin cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Send me a PM or write a spoiler here (covered by the spoiler code) and let me know what that is.

xen911 wrote:
Dear God, you have a chance to do what I wanted to when I played the game through a second time with another group...but I screwed up and missed it. You probably won't do it, especially since you just placed that sticker and don't know what I'm talking about. Man, what I wouldn't give to have the chance to "sequence break" in that very particular way and stick it to those sons of..... devil

grammatoncleric wrote:
No spoilers here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Butler
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
grammatoncleric wrote:
Send me a PM or write a spoiler here (covered by the spoiler code) and let me know what that is.

I think his suggestion would ruin the contents of another packet. I bet I can guess what it is.

And you did say no spoilers in the original post.

I really hope it happens on my second board. I'm the only person who knows what's in packets, but I've been careful to refrain from being the trigger to open packets. Not that I had a choice. This one the missile and 30+ troops happened game 5 before I even signed the board. On the other hand, we haven't opened many other packets yet. So fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's exactly what you're thinking. cool

deinol wrote:
grammatoncleric wrote:

I think his suggestion would ruin the contents of another packet. I bet I can guess what it is.

And you did say no spoilers in the original post.

I really hope it happens on my second board. I'm the only person who knows what's in packets, but I've been careful to refrain from being the trigger to open packets. Not that I had a choice. This one the missile and 30+ troops happened game 5 before I even signed the board. On the other hand, we haven't opened many other packets yet. So fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to spoil it for you. All I'll say is that
there is one way to almost counteract what you did by opening the 30 troops packet. That's probably not something you'd want to do since you opened and resolved it. whistle In my first game, because of the placement of cities and scars and the relationship between two particular factions, it would have been very desirable and made for a better game if... events had gone a certain way.

grammatoncleric wrote:

xen911 wrote:

grammatoncleric wrote:
No spoilers here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I meant by "No spoilers here" was that I wasn't personally posting any spoilers. It wasn't meant as a directive or a command or a promise to the viewing public that no spoilers would be found on this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Butler
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
grammatoncleric wrote:
What I meant by "No spoilers here" was that I wasn't personally posting any spoilers. It wasn't meant as a directive or a command or a promise to the viewing public that no spoilers would be found on this thread.

If you really, really want to know.

I warned you, don't read if you want to keep things a surprise.
Attack [Redacted] Island and deploy three missiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.