Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Another "how do you xxx your Netrunner cards", with a twist! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stjepan Pavuna
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, how do you carry your Netrunner swag to the tournaments?

So I have a mat, a token box, and a deckbox or two. Those are all COMPLETELY different in sizes, and it's a pain to carry them without putting them all in a big backpack or something.

Any smart ideas that someone uses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same items, all with varying sizes, and I just put them in a GDC hand bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use 2 of the token sections of FFG deckboxes (which have creds & click trackers in them) & a Dragon Shield box for the rest of the chits, all within a Netrunner deck box (along with my decks of course).

A little bit of me would like to use a token case so as not to have 3 boxes of stuff, but it's really nice to only have to carry a deck box & a playmat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an FFG deckbox with my signed alt-art Scorched Earth displayed, colored glass beads in the box to mark things like Femme Fatale targets, and my tokens sorted in a segmented box from the dollar store. All of this and my Wotan mats get carried in my Plugged In bag, along with my Magic the Gathering stuff, for big card game nerd points. I also got some pens, spare sleeves, and my psych meds.

EDIT: removed shorthand for below poster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stjepan Pavuna
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Btw, can you guys be a bit more precise? People from all over the world might not understand local stuff. Like "GDC hand bag".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guze
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For regular meetups, I usually just take the gigantic three column box I have that holds everything, including tokens and playmat. It's heavy, but at least I don't have to carry it far. It's probably overkill, but it's nice to know that you have everything if you need it.

I used to do the same thing for tournaments, but that got really cumbersome, especially when you take the bus. After coming to my senses and realizing I don't need the extra stuff, I toned it down. So I just take a cloth grocery bag, two deckboxes for the decks, a cardboard tube for the playmat and a divided plastic case for tokens. You really don't need much more than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stjepan Pavuna
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What Cardboard tube are you talking about? Can you share a picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in New York, I kept everything--decks, cards, tokens--in one of the core set boxes, and put that in my standard work briefcase (L.L. Bean Sprotsman's Deluxe briefcase, it was a gift; you know, you give lawyers a briefcase?). Within the box, the cards are organized, the decks are sleeved and kept apart, and the tokens are baggie'd.

After arriving in Japan, where I am for 2014, I found a Japanese coin case (small blue plastic box, maybe eight by five inches and an inch high, with internal dividers for different sets and numbers of coins), that fit all of the tokens rather perfectly. I also got an Ultra-Pro Pro-Dual Deck Box for my active decks. I play less often here (there not being at two weekly meetups less than ten blocks from my office with a third a few subway stops away as well as two standard monthly tournaments. Go figure), so I don't need to bring everything, I do less experimenting and on-the-fly changes, and I don't want to lug the briefcase. These I just throw in any bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explosive 6
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Well timed asking this as I've just finished making these prototypes:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Explosive6 wrote:
Well timed asking this as I've just finished making these prototypes...

Those are pretty gorgeous! Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
i carry a tube and a satin deckbox in my messenger bag every day. going to a tournament is the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Henderson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A set of the Litko http://www.litko.net/products/Net-Hacker-Token-Set-%2884%29.... tokens with only 5X 5CR and 10X 1CR chits included fits in the storage section of the FFG deckbox http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm... with two sleeved decks for tournaments. That is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stjepan Pavuna
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What I am most curious about is your ways of transporting gaming mats... That shit takes up A LOT of space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard 4 column box holds:

C1: Runners (divided by faction and subdivided by card types)
C2: extra sleeves plus plano box that organizes 2 core sets worth of tokens
C3: 2 Corp factions + runner deckboxes (1 per faction)
C4: 2 Corp factions + corp deckboxes (1 per faction)

When that space runs out, the deck boxes will go separately.
I have laminated (from BGG files) runner/corp playmats, I just stack them on top of the box. It's only the walk from the house/car and car/store, so as above, not that big of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stiv wrote:
What I am most curious about is your ways of transporting gaming mats... That shit takes up A LOT of space

Playmat tube is the way to go. I have an Ultra Pro (http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=2298), but I'm sure you can find other brands as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stiv wrote:
Btw, can you guys be a bit more precise? People from all over the world might not understand local stuff. Like "GDC hand bag".

I just mean a hand bag from Game Developers Conference. I don't know, it's kind of like a reusable grocery bag? I don't know how to describe hand bag more than that. It's just a bag with an open top and a flattened bottom, made of some kind of recycled plastic material. It's made by Leeds. It's kind of like this one: http://www.leedsworld.ca/products/item/?item=3008-18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlefoam C4 bag.

Originaly had the CCG foam insert but I tossed it. Without it, it holds in it's main compartment a deck for each faction, in ultra-pro deck boxes, plano box for tokens, and my play mat. It also has a three ring binder built in, which has the latest FAQ and tourney rules printed out, many pockets for decklists, and the front pocket neatly holds my ipad. The shoulder strap is handy too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a messenger back and use a white cardbox to carry my playmats. Then I have some kinda of plano container for tokens and depending on what I bring some plastic deck boxes or a larger cardboard deckbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store my tokens in a Plano 3449 7-compartment case. I keep my two decks in Ultra Pro deck boxes. All three fit snugly inside a Magic fat-pack box. I keep my playmat in a tube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Preston
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
I bought the LCG insert from Mr Craft that fits perfectly in the original netrunner box. It comes with dividers so I can keep 7 seperate decks and a small crown royal bag with chess peices for when I play my caissa deck. I keep my tokens from broken egg in a small tackle box (the credit chips fit perfectly!) and my mats in the cardboard tube they came in from inked playmats. Yes, I bring all this to tourneys since I'm not a very patient player so my games rarely go to time (good or bad). This allows me to play some pickup games with my non-tourney deck for fun to kill the time until the next round starts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Vandover
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
If you are interested, I have a top 4 worlds bag (Crypsis art) that might work for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otterson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use this exact toolbox*. Got it Wal-mart (I know, I know) for 10 bucks or so? The top compartment easily fits all of my components (and I kind of use a lot, and different kinds--Broken Egg, Litko, and Team Covenant).

The middle compartment, that comes out, houses a playmat (though it's too small for playmats you win in tournaments), pens, and a small notebook. Under this, in the toolbox proper, I put my deck boxes. Enough for 3 double-sized ones, so six decks comfortably fit, and I could go to eight or so if I wanted.

*http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/tuzukiya/cabine...

Here's the website where you can buy it. They display a different color and don't show you what's inside: http://www.keter.com/products/ap-toolbox-16

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
heyyouyeahyou 12
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been able to come up with a pretty cool little setup to take my FLGS for league night. I've tried to recreate it as closely as possible below:

Bag: http://tinyurl.com/ll9n98y
I've been using an iPad bag similar to this one for awhile now and it works great. I can't find the exact one I have but it's very close looking to this one. It holds 5 deck boxes shown below and 2 containers for the tokens.

Playmat Tube: http://tinyurl.com/lgcf2qw
I have a perfectly round one, but if I was to get another one, I'd get this one since it won't roll off the table!

Deck Boxes: http://tinyurl.com/krk93pk
I just use the plain old, cheap Ultra Pro deck boxes for my decks. I bought 7 of them (one in each color!) and like I said, 5 fit in the bag at a time, 6 if you don't have tokens.

Token containers: http://tinyurl.com/k84xwq2
I love these! They have snap lids and they stack nicely. I use the shallow one for holding tags, virus tokens, bad pub, a die, etc (I have the Litko tokens). I use the deep one for the original cardboard credits.

All in all, a nice little setup that travels very well. At a tournament I just sling the bag over the back of my chair and set the play mat tube on the ground next to my feet. Works great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stiv wrote:

I actually do not use a tube, and I have seen poor results from that method. For one, when you pull it out to use it, it's always curled up or down on the edges. Two, this method has a way of fraying the edges of the playmat somewhat, depending on the quality.

My method is folding it in half horizontally once, then doing that again, and then folding it vertically. My netrunner mats have stayed in great shape with this method since I got them over a year ago.

This method isn't great for all mats, especially thicker ones. I have a fairly thick magic mat that I fold horizontally, then again, then I just sorta drape that into my backpack or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.