Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I am trying to setup the game using this variant but am a bit confused as to how it is actually setup. Do I start with 22 random tiles or do I draw from the complete pool of mesozoic tiles. It says I should end up with 16 biomes and 6 immigrants. Where do the 6 immigrant tiles come from, as it says to discard from the game the first 6 immigrants and subsequent immigrants are returned to the mesozoic pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,
I typically use this setup and take it to mean that in the end you will get ~16 biomes on the board and NO immigrants. At most, 6 immigrants will be revealed and discarded, any more immigrants will be ignored and shuffled back into the pile, and at least 16 biomes will be placed. Some of these biomes may be sent to the tarpit, so there will be at least 16 biomes on the board either on the map or in the tarpit.

You could end up with more than 16 biomes and fewer than 6 immigrants, if you draw 17 biomes and 5 immigrants for instance. But you can never end up with fewer than 16 biomes revealed because all immigrants beyond the sixth are set aside and shuffled back into the pile.

Hope this helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Josh, I think I see now it's just this line that threw me - "Continue this process until 16 biomes and 6 immigrants complete the 22 Mesozoic Era Tiles specified for set-up (3.5). Then mix the 7th (and any subsequent) immigrant tiles back into the Mesozoic Era Tile pool before beginning play."

It sounded like you had 6 immigrants that you had to place on the habitats along with the 16 biome tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.