5 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Mythos Cards in Forsaken Lore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
I didn't see mythos cards listed in the expansion. Do you guys think there will be any new ones? If not it would be a HUGE disappointment to me because the Mythos cards have gotten REALLY repetitive for us. Admittedly we've now played this game A LOT, but we've also slowed down on playing A LOT. Even with the expansion if there's no mythos cards I don't think that will make us play anymore because we've seen each one so many times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also don't see any mythos cards mentioned.

This is what i derived from the product description or the news article.

Forsaken Lore contains over two hundred cards.

- Yig as new Ancient One.
- 14 new mysteries cards (6 corresponding to Yig)
- 88 new research cards
- 24 new condition cards (among them the new poison condition)
- New expeditions
- New encounter cards
- New spells
- New assets
- New artifacts
- New epic monsters

So seeing the rest mentioned and mythos not, is certainly a sign.
And the exact numbers mentioned already there seems to be no room for many new Mythos cards if there are any.

But we will see....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Mythos deck has quite some variety right out of the box, so it's not a big issue for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rumors should definitely get some love. I also suspect their absence in the previews is not a good omen for those of us who would like to get some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Zeromage wrote:
I didn't see mythos cards listed in the expansion. Do you guys think there will be any new ones? If not it would be a HUGE disappointment to me because the Mythos cards have gotten REALLY repetitive for us. Admittedly we've now played this game A LOT, but we've also slowed down on playing A LOT. Even with the expansion if there's no mythos cards I don't think that will make us play anymore because we've seen each one so many times.

I'm with you on this. Mainly cause the "research" and "regular/special city encounter" cards have loads of variety due to having 3 different locations on them, but I'm actually running into mythos quite often. Much like another poster said, the rumours are getting... very recognizable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.