Sanitarium» Forums » Rules

Subject: AP selection when 'sane' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Luc Portelli
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Following our first playthrough of Sanitarium, there was one point of contention between players regarding the AP choices when you are sane.

While sane, whenever you roll high enough to take 5 or 6 actions, the reference cards say to take a "-1" or "-2" to horror checks. Does this apply to your roll, or to the difficulty of the check?

Furthermore, does this effect persist past the end of the player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It applies to your roll, so it makes it more difficult. And it persists until the start of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Luc Portelli
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for clarifying!

I know this might be a little pedantic or tedious, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could explain the reasons behind the decision.

Reason being that while trying to explain why the -1 or -2 applies to the roll, I couldn't convince anyone at the table. They seemed pretty adamant on their own interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a tradeoff between more actions that are dangerous or less actions that are more cautious, if that's what you mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.