Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to Netrunner (I think I've played less than 10 games in total yet) and have just started playing around with deck building. As a part of the learning process I figured it'd be great if some more experienced NR players could give me some feedback on the NBN deck I've built. So here goes!

Identity
The World Is Yours

Agendas
Market Research x 3
Project Beale x 3
TGTB x 3
Breaking News x 2
Astroscript Pilot Program x 3
Gila Hands Arcology x 1

ICE
Paper Wall x 3
Hunter x 2
Chimera x 3
Enigma x 3
Grim x 3

Upgrades
Sansan City Grid x 2

Assets
Jackson Howard x 3
Marked Accounts 3

Operations
Sweeps Week x 3
Shipment From SanSan x 3
Closed Accounts x 3
Restructure x 3
Hedge Fund x 3
Big Brother x 3
Scorched Earth x 3
Anonymous Tip x 2
Psychographics x 3

Deck Strategy
I think the strategy here is pretty simple - I'm focusing on cheap agendas that either help me score more agendas or give the runner tags. Those tags will either be used to advance cards (Psychographics), do meat damage (Scorched Earth) or lose money (Closed Accounts).

The economy is mostly based on operations - Sweeps Week, Hedge Fund and Restructure and I feel like this might be one of the weak points. There's marked account for a more recurring economy, but the problem there is that I need to spend clicks to refresh the credits on it every three turns. I included Jackson Howard as a way to get some more economy by thrasing him and getting Hedge Fund back from the archives, for an example.

I also feel like the ICE I'm running - mostly cheap ICE, or ICE that gives the runner tags might be a little too weak as well. The point was to have ice that I could rez early, and probably only build one or maybe two remote servers.

As I said, I'm very new to the game still so I'd really appreciate some suggestion and comments. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Swap your hunters for Data Ravens. They'll either slow down or go tag-me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that's an excellent suggestion. The Data Ravens' forced tag would probably work well with the rest of this deck. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Cut your deck down to 40-44 cards. You will lose a lot of consistency using a deck with 60+ cards. Also, if you want to have more than 44 cards in your deck, you should consider switching to Making News.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm. That makes sense. I do have a lot of tripples so I guess I could cut one or even two of the copies for most of them. Any suggestion on what I should cut?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harris Enniss
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You have a lot of operations. Twelve of them are completely dead if the runner does not keep tags. For such an investment, it seems like you don't have enough ways to give tags. Breaking News is hard to make stick, and the runner will usually be able to clear the tags from TGTBT and Hunter before the end of their turn. Midseason Replacements pairs very well with Psychographics and with Market Research. SEA Source pairs very well with Scorched Earth, or with Closed Accounts and Big Brother. Data Raven has already been mentioned.

Shipment From SanSan doesn't seem useful to me. It's mostly used to score while broke, or as a combo with HB's Efficiency Committee or Accelerated Diagnostics.

Anonymous Tip has some uses, but I would shrink my deck to the minimum size before including it. It's also a bit redundant with Jackson Howard.

Your ice is almost certainly too weak, and there is not enough of it for such a big deck. (I've heard 18 quoted as a rule of thumb for 49 card decks, but this varies a lot depending on your strategy) It leans towards a "gear check" style that uses cheap end-the-run ice to force the runner to get their breakers, and Grim is useful to support that. Consider also Rototurret, Corporate Troubleshooter, Aggressive Secretary, Archer, Wraparound, Swordsman... These give you a chance to kill their breakers, so that your cheap end-the-run ice can become meaningful again.

Because you're using Grim, I would replace Paper Wall with something more durable. Ice Wall, Wraparound, Wall of Static, Bastion are all reasonable. Killing their Fracter doesn't do you any good if your end-the-run barriers have all evaporated.

Hunter + Data Raven lean towards a more taxing style of ice that NBN does very well, supported by cards like Tollbooth, Pop-Up Window, Eli, Ichi... (However, most of these become weaker when you have Bad Publicity.) This also pairs well with tag punishment. A poor runner can't beat the trace for things like SEA Source or Midseasons. You can also bully them economically by making them trash SanSan City Grid... then installing it again with Interns, or recycling it with Jackson Howard. Marked Accounts is also nice for this, since they probably don't want to trash it, but they need to run it to find out what it is anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
Austria
flag msg tools
It seems that you're trying to do too many things at once. Wanting to Fast Advance using Sansan City Grid, flatlining the runner with Scorched Earth and pulling the Psychographics&Beale Combo is a little much for one deck.

You also run a lot of things that revolve around tags (Scorched Earth, Closed Accounts, Psychographics, Big Brother), but you don't have any reliable way to tag the runner.

Midseason Replacements or SEA Source are ways to actively tag the runner (instead of waiting for the runner to do something, i.e. TGTBT, Hunter).
I'd advise focusing on only one or two things you want to do with the tags, and drop the others.

I agree that the ICE is a little weak, but that might be ok for a fast NBN Deck. Also for the decksize you have very few ice, but as others suggested, with cutting down on deck size you won't need to include many more.
tengblad wrote:
Mmm. That makes sense. I do have a lot of tripples so I guess I could cut one or even two of the copies for most of them. Any suggestion on what I should cut?

You probably want to take out some cards totally instead of playing lots of one-of's. Having multiple copies of something really increases the chance you'll actually see it in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.