Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook doesn't seem to cover it very well. Can someone explain it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes more sense after diving in. I think an elemental monster is effectively weak to certain elements. But it can also be killed normally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the game or rules yet, but if it's like KoL, elemental monsters take double damage from certain elements and half damage from others. Non-elemental damage just does normal damage.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Elements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graydon Schlichter
United States
California
flag msg tools
Basically, any time elemental damage is relevant to an attack, skill, or item, that card will remind you what monsters take double damage, and which one takes zero damage (the other two monsters take the listed damage normally).

Graydon (co-designer, Mr. Card Game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rightnour
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
That elemental chart would have been really nice to have as a card or something to remind people of that relationship. I'll have to print one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the card game, it seems that elemental damage only applies to the bonuses certain items and skills provide, not your base stat damage (unlike how elemental combat skills often work in KoL, where the entire attack is a particular element). Is that correct?

So if I have +2 hot spell damage, and I use a spell attack against a hot-resistant monster, playing 5 Mysticality value of stat cards, my combat power is 5, right? And 9 against a Spooky monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Graethynne wrote:
Basically, any time elemental damage is relevant to an attack, skill, or item, that card will remind you what monsters take double damage, and which one takes zero damage (the other two monsters take the listed damage normally).

Graydon (co-designer, Mr. Card Game)

Thanks but I'm more confused now. Maybe I need some examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider any equipment or skill that says Damage +1 and Hot Damage. The card should say underneath something to the effect: double bonus damage against Cold and Spooky monsters, no bonus damage against Hot monsters. (And just +1 against Sleaze and Stench.) So against a Spooky monster, that equipment/skill has its Damage +1 doubled to Damage +2.

All damage sources are handled separately, so just because this one equipment/skill gets double damage bonus, your non-elemental damage is not double or cancelled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.